U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 09:15 AM

17,190 posts, read 17,513,959 times

Advertisements

Regarding your adult child. What are your feeling about them having a boyfriend or girlfriend sleep over? Not random one night stands, but a serious GF/BF?

If you are OK with that then they should be OK with you having a man sleep over.

You said that your child's bedroom is right next to your bedroom. What did you do when they were living at home? Never have sex with your spouse? What do most couples do when they have children living at home, never have sex unless the children are out of the house at a sleepover?

Last edited by germaine2626; 08-03-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 09:19 AM

3,959 posts, read 7,581,447 times
Some might suggest that you're a little ahead of yourself considering you haven't even actually met him yet............

Old 08-03-2019, 09:25 AM

8,185 posts, read 5,360,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Some might suggest that you're a little ahead of yourself considering you haven't even actually met him yet............
I guess she is REALLY excited to me this fella. I hope he is ready..

Old 08-03-2019, 09:30 AM

743 posts, read 156,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Some of you may remember this thread.
Am I horrible?

So I'm supposed to have a first date with a guy today. We met on a dating app last weekend and I messaged with him because he seemed to have a few basic things I look for. We have texted throughout the week and he seems quite keen. I have told him that it would be wise to contain any excitement until we actually meet in person (which he has struggled with and has irritated me, but whatever). Anyway, I am going to attempt to be positive and assume that the date is going to turn out super and that I like him a lot. Well it just occurred to me that he has his 15 yo son and I have my adult kid living with me for the next 6 months. I can tell you right now that I'm not having sex at my place. My kid is always home, always here, room is right next to mine, and WILL hear it. I don't know what his place is like, but, UGH, kids really complicate things no matter what. I know the kid is older, but he is still a minor and from what I can tell, Dad is a good dad and spends a lot of time with him. I'm not sure I feel like dealing with kids. I didn't really think about it until now because the kid is 15, but still....
The least of your concerns. If this guy is a good match, everything with kids will work out - especially since the kids are so old.

I was going to write "if you can't find anywhere else to have sex, you can come to my house!" but I was afraid I'd get in trouble on City Data.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:17 PM

7,644 posts, read 3,006,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
The least of your concerns. If this guy is a good match, everything with kids will work out - especially since the kids are so old.

I was going to write "if you can't find anywhere else to have sex, you can come to my house!" but I was afraid I'd get in trouble on City Data.
Right?! But you can’t watch, ok?

This is a good example of people using online dating and their self-eliminating selection criteria. At least OP hasn’t gone as far as to say: “no single dad’s” not in this thread, but first ya gotta meet the guy, all right?! Then, if there’s a will there’s a way.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:47 PM

9,905 posts, read 20,228,242 times
Tell your adult child to get lost; you’re having company over.

All of your other concerns about a normal relationship will have to resolve themselves.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:42 PM

9,968 posts, read 6,189,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Okay.

Thanks.
I just needed someone to talk sense into me.
Speaking as a man married to a woman who has a son, it's huge non issue.

He's usually asleep when we get into our activities

Old 08-03-2019, 02:46 PM

15,352 posts, read 17,849,898 times
Park in the back row at the drive-in movies. You can make out & get busy in the car......fog up the windows.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 17,468,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
but... you have a kid...

Mine is an adult and is only staying with me temporarily for 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Tell your adult child to get lost; you’re having company over.

That feels weird to do (and might be unkind) since my kid just moved here and it is a foreign place/don't know anyone.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 17,468,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Park in the back row at the drive-in movies. You can make out & get busy in the car......fog up the windows.

Now this sounds fun and hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships