U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 03:08 PM

1,272 posts, read 298,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndesirable View Post
Right now Iím just trying to determine whether or not the idea is good, or worth pursuing. Iíve got the money to pay basically ďwaiterís payĒ, or perhaps a bit more. Maybe $10,000 per year, which if she had a job, would be almost like having a second part-time job, but not having to do anything but be my girlfriend.

If I can determine whether or not itís a good idea that women might be receptive to, then I might consider typing up a contract. But it would be nice not to have to do that.
This is so sad...........all the time you put into this silly stuff.... but you can't put time into finding a real relationship with someone you can connect with????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 03:12 PM

22,696 posts, read 24,296,270 times
I hope that the OP will take some time from his C-D ban to look into some self-help or therapy. The way he lashed out in some of his posts at people who weren't patting him on the head was concerning for someone trying to promote himself as a great guy who just wants the love of a good woman.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:22 PM

1,272 posts, read 298,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I hope that the OP will take some time from his C-D ban to look into some self-help or therapy. The way he lashed out in some of his posts at people who weren't patting him on the head was concerning for someone trying to promote himself as a great guy who just wants the love of a good woman.
The O.P.'s post is really sad IMO........he was promoting himself as a man that has to pay someone 10k for love..............who would take the time to do that & think it through... if he wasn't really empty & sad about his life...you know? E D I T: ita some therapy is good advice..........work on himself rather than the details & posts for paying someone to "love" him......

Last edited by TashaPosh; 08-06-2019 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-06-2019, 05:35 PM

465 posts, read 89,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ugh. He seems like he belongs in an incel forum to be honest but I hope he doesn't end up there as it will only make him worse.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Not the first guy to come up with that idea. I have a friend that has been doing exactly this for 14 years. He has a deal where he pays $250 for an hour of a woman's time twice a month on either Friday or Saturday night when he gets paid.

I laughed at first, but he has some good points. Your paying her so she can't have a headache, upset stomach, favorite tv show is on, or all the other excuses they come up with, because it is her job. No dinners or playing the game to get sex, because it is all about sex. And there is nobody waiting at home to complain he stayed out to late or any of the other stuff that goes with having a wife/girlfriend. It works for him.

If you knew the truth, I think there are quite a few arrangements like this.
They may exist but I think it's very sad indeed. We all want someone to love and to love us. I doubt the people in those arrangements ever dreamed of having to pay someone to fake it.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:31 PM

3,589 posts, read 1,644,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
ita some therapy is good advice..........work on himself rather than the details & posts for paying someone to "love" him......
No! Hell, no! NO therapy!

Therapists don't actually help. They don't even give advice. They just ask stupid questions, like "How does that make you feel?", and parrot back whatever the client says. They call it "empathy" , but I call it "idiocy". It's a waste of a client's time and money. People who come to therapy aren't looking for "empathy"; they're looking for solutions. Which therapists don't give. So why bother with those charlatans? The OP is better off taking a trip to a "ranch" in Nevada. It won't even be much more costly. And the relief is so much better.

It's one thing to knock some sense into the guy. It's another to tell him to waste his time and money.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
No! Hell, no! NO therapy!

Therapists don't actually help. They don't even give advice. They just ask stupid questions, like "How does that make you feel?", and parrot back whatever the client says. They call it "empathy" , but I call it "idiocy". It's a waste of a client's time and money. People who come to therapy aren't looking for "empathy"; they're looking for solutions. Which therapists don't give. So why bother with those charlatans? The OP is better off taking a trip to a "ranch" in Nevada. It won't even be much more costly.

It's one thing to knock some sense into the guy. It's another to tell him to waste his time and money.
Says the guy most in need of therapy on here?

Old 08-06-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Says the guy most in need of therapy on here?
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, which I now use as a cleaning rag.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, which I now use as a cleaning rag.
That's a shame you didn't benefit from it. Glad you saw my comment as a joke and not a personal attack, hope it didn't come across that way ;-)

Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
That's a shame you didn't benefit from it. Glad you saw my comment as a joke and not a personal attack, hope it didn't come across that way ;-)
Of course it didn't help me. I said many times that therapist are charlatans. They don't actually HELP. If they helped like a normal person would, clients wouldn't keep coming back for months, if not years, and paying them.

All they do is... talk about feelings, and pass it off as a panacea. They're no different than aura readers and chakra analyzers. They just got the green light from the state to bill insurance for it. My philosophy is: if you want to feel better in a reasonable time frame, go to an actual doctor (this includes psychiatrists), not a talking quack.

I wasn't offended by your comment, just found it mildly annoying. But I'm aware that most people worship therapists, rather than thinking critically about them.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; Yesterday at 06:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or