Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 07:13 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Attracting women, or accepting the rejection of women and forming a united hostile front? Women view redpill as The Bitter Boys Club. I don’t think any of us read those corny buzzwords and 80/20 statistics and start sliding off of our chairs (if you know what I mean ). The only solutions it seems to be providing you with is how to turn that into: “you can’t fire me I quit” mentality.
Ayuh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 09:30 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Are you sure? The Pill for attracting a woman has been around since 2012. And it's Red. I wonder if it grew like wildfire specifically because it gives explanations and solutions, which the mainstream therapy does not.

Hey, you kind of walked into that one. I wonder if the OP has heard of it. I guess we'll never know.
Not a solution. Healthy women run away from men with ideas like that. All you'll attract is broken people who reinforce your worldview.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:58 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Ever heard of the serenity prayer? God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference?

There IS NO ACTUAL SOLUTION to the problem you think you have. There is no one who can give you a pill to make you get a woman. Or a set of instructions. You think someone wouldn't have made millions by now if that existed?
A similar analogy is as if you hired a personal trainer. The trainer is not going to make you fit after one session. The trainer will show you good form and suggest changes to your workout, but he can't perform the exercises for you. The trainer can give you advice on diet and exercise outside the gym, but he can't force you to abide by those guidelines. If your trainer's methods or personality don't mesh with you, you may need to find a different one. A therapist is just a personal trainer for your mindset. If you're not willing to be introspective and put in the work yourself, then of course therapy won't work for you.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-08-2019 at 10:08 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A similar analogy is as if you hired a personal trainer. The trainer is not going to make you fit after one session. The trainer will show you good form and suggest changes to your workout, but he can't perform the exercises for you. The trainer can give you advice on diet and exercise outside the gym, but he can't force you to abide by those guidelines. If your trainer's methods or personality don't mesh with you, you may need to find a different one. A therapist is just a personal trainer for your mindset. If you're not willing to be introspective and put in the work yourself, then of course therapy won't work for you.
Love it! That does not mean I don't wish there was a way that a personal trainer could make me fit in this way.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:50 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,872,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can see this analogy being right for maybe $30 an hour. But there's no way I'm willing to pay $100+ a session for someone to mess with my mind, and blame it on "resistance" or a "bad fit" when their tricks don't work. For that much money, I want something better. Failing that, I can just as easily learn from a $20 book.

I had to play counselor for my parents as a kid when they fought with each other (verbally). And I probably did a better job too. I actually gave advice and tried to make them feel better. All at no cost to them.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-08-2019 at 11:46 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I can see this analogy being right for maybe $30 an hour. But there's no way I'm willing to pay $100+ a session for someone to mess with my mind, and blame it on "resistance" or a "bad fit" when their tricks don't work. For that much money, I want something better. Failing that, I can just as easily learn from a $20 book.
Not being willing to pay for what they have to offer does not render their offering bull****. Just noting your faulty logic. What is really interesting to me is how often on this board you have been told you may be resistant yet you cling steadily to the idea that you are not without even considering the possibility. What do you think that is? Or is even asking such a question bull**** because it does not come with a promise of a woman?

ETA a bad fit can be kind and compassionate doc speak for you are resistant. Like, you clearly are not here for what a therapist has to offer rendering it a bad fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships