U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 AM

3,589 posts, read 1,644,694 times

Advertisements

Short answer: bad idea.

Long answer:
It seems like what you're basically looking for is a date insurance policy. You want someone to be your date on an as-needed basis, give you the secure feeling of having a girlfriend, and so on. You do you. But ask yourself: Would it be insulting to the girl if you were honest about, or would it be fair to her if it you were not? I'm wagering a guess that you'd get slapped, and get blasted all over that site with faces and books. Conversely, with the desperation and "thirst" you're putting out, you'll attract a lot of golddiggers. They'll keep upping the monthly "allowance" requirement, while not providing an equivalent return. Not, not sex, but rather being a better girlfriend in other ways.

Interestingly, my first girlfriend, freshman year of college, was a "date insurance policy" in a way. I wasn't attracted to her and we had few shared interests. But I was elated to have someone show interest in me; I got together with her to be able to say I had a girlfriend and to have a guaranteed date for couple-centric events. Which I did. We went to the college dance together and other on-campus events. But I facepalmed at her absolute insistence on driving everywhere, despite living in Chicago, and the only things we both liked were the city zoo and sushi. In the end, the relationship became more trouble than it was worth, and I let the "policy" "lapse" after a few months. (Read: we fizzled out.)

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-03-2019 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 09:48 AM

17,202 posts, read 17,534,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndesirable View Post
I know for a fact I couldn’t find a woman the normal way, so something like this is really the only option I’ve got.
Aren't you being too hard on yourself? When I first meet my late husband he had plenty of GF's in spite of his bad teeth, bad hair, being overweight, having a unibrow and was a poor dresser. But, he was very smart, kind, funny and really good in bed so women were drawn to him and loved him.

It was easy to get his hair in shape (he hated going to the barber and only went a couple times a year). After we married he lost weight and we paid for braces, had his unibrow professionally removed and started buying better fitting and better matching clothes. Well, he did not turn into a male model but those were easy fixes. Actually, I paid for all those things because I was working full time, while being a full time grad student, to put him through law school.

To me, my husband always gave me goosebumps and turned me on no matter what he looked like. It was his personality that really won me over.

You obviously are smart and capable to have such a good career. What are your other great skills or traits?

I sincerely doubt this, "I know for a fact I couldn’t find a woman the normal way, so something like this is really the only option I’ve got".

BTW, how old are you?

Old 08-03-2019, 09:56 AM

22,696 posts, read 24,296,270 times
Quote:
Also, without conceit, I can tell you that my income this year is projected to be in the high six to low seven figures. I recently embarked on a entrepreneurial venture that is looking to be extremely lucrative, and for that I’m very lucky. So the amount I could potentially pay a girl could increase exponentially depending on how this pays off. Within three years I will likely have acquired a great deal of wealth, as I’m on the ground floor of a rapidly growing and booming industry.
I guess a question is what do you do with your money? If you decided to become a donor or board member to charities and organizations and get involved in the community, there are always galas, events, and opportunities that would put you in the path of accomplished successful women. You're obviously not concerned about using your money to bait women, and you could definitely make yourself a catch that way.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:14 AM

7,660 posts, read 3,016,254 times
The error in your Buy a GF Plan, is you mentioned it may help you find a wife. You can’t really decide she’s going to be your wife. I mean you can’t decide that for her. There are thoughts and feelings attributed to her brain, right? Or what kind of a gf would she make?

It’s almost as if you think women are these mindless creatures who may do something for money, maybe be your wife for money. Well maybe if this theoretical “she” didn’t have any goals or job, or interests of their own— you could just give them some money and tell them how to behave. If she’s a blank slate to be what you want... I don’t think you’re going to find a human fit for this position, not one that you would really like anyway.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:35 AM

43,662 posts, read 42,288,240 times
No.

The main problem is that you keep talking about what you can get. You don't GET a girlfriend. Girlfriends are people, and you "get" one by being in a relationship with them. Not a business interaction.

Do you even know any women you could hire to do this?

Old 08-03-2019, 11:39 AM

7,660 posts, read 3,016,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No.

The main problem is that you keep talking about what you can get. You don't GET a girlfriend. Girlfriends are people, and you "get" one by being in a relationship with them. Not a business interaction.

Do you even know any women you could hire to do this?
Yeah...that get a girlfriend, and getting sex thing. SMH.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:46 AM

16 posts, read 6,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Aren't you being too hard on yourself? When I first meet my late husband he had plenty of GF's in spite of his bad teeth, bad hair, being overweight, having a unibrow and was a poor dresser. But, he was very smart, kind, funny and really good in bed so women were drawn to him and loved him.

It was easy to get his hair in shape (he hated going to the barber and only went a couple times a year). After we married he lost weight and we paid for braces, had his unibrow professionally removed and started buying better fitting and better matching clothes. Well, he did not turn into a male model but those were easy fixes. Actually, I paid for all those things because I was working full time, while being a full time grad student, to put him through law school.

To me, my husband always gave me goosebumps and turned me on no matter what he looked like. It was his personality that really won me over.

You obviously are smart and capable to have such a good career. What are your other great skills or traits?

I sincerely doubt this, "I know for a fact I couldn’t find a woman the normal way, so something like this is really the only option I’ve got".

BTW, how old are you?

Look, without going into detail, I will just say that getting a girlfriend the normal way is completely out of the question. It just won’t happen. That’s just the way it is.

But sticking on topic, I don’t view women as “property” or “sex objects” as some of you might be thinking. Its not like that at all. It’s just that I’m looking for a way in which I can ensure that I can have a girlfriend. The only way I think it can happen is if I were to advertise for “hiring” a girlfriend, devise a good contract that covers me and is fair, and essential just pay money for it.

It’s kind of like being an upcoming musical act that isn’t good enough for promoters to ask to go on tour as the opening act for bigger bands, so a lot of times, in order to get on larger tours, smaller acts will “buy in” to tours. That’s what some bands have to do if they’re not good or popular enough to be asked by a promoter and offered money to join the tour roster. So I’m kind of thinking in those terms. To get what I want, I’ll just have to pay for it and force it to happen. But I’ll admit, it does sound contrived.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:04 PM

22,696 posts, read 24,296,270 times
Quote:
But sticking on topic, I don’t view women as “property” or “sex objects” as some of you might be thinking. Its not like that at all. It’s just that I’m looking for a way in which I can ensure that I can have a girlfriend. The only way I think it can happen is if I were to advertise for “hiring” a girlfriend, devise a good contract that covers me and is fair, and essential just pay money for it.
But the thing is, by paying a woman to spend time with you, you don't actually have a girlfriend. You have a personal employee. A girlfriend is someone who chooses to spend time with you, and who likes you for who you are. A girlfriend is not putting on an act because there's money involved and nor would she walk out the door and not look back if the direct deposits stop. You can certainly have the kind of sugar baby arrangement you're looking for, but be real about it.

Do you have friends and close family who you associate with? They have no advice for you? It just seems odd that an interpersonal relationship is a business transaction to you. Honestly, it sounds controlling.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-03-2019 at 12:17 PM..

Old 08-03-2019, 12:10 PM

16 posts, read 6,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But the thing is, by paying a woman to spend time with you, you don't actually have a girlfriend. You have a personal employee. A girlfriend is someone who chooses to spend time with you, and who likes you for who you are. A girlfriend is not putting on an act because there's money involved and nor would she walk out the door and not look back if the direct deposits stop. You can certainly have the kind of sugar baby arrangement you're looking for, but be real about it.

Do you have friends and close family? It just seems odd that an interpersonal relationship is a business transaction to you.
Well, I’m perfectly okay with the girl “pretending” to like me. As long as I can have something that “feels” like a girlfriend. I honestly think that’s really only option I’ve got. It’s either that or nothing, and I’d rather have that than nothing at all.

I don’t view relationships as a “business transaction”. I’m actually a very passionate and “hopeless romantic” type of person, but again, I just see this as the only way to go. If I could do it the normal way, of course I would prefer that.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:40 PM

43,662 posts, read 42,288,240 times
Quote:

...I pay a girl a salary to perform the functions of being my girlfriend.
What exactly does this ^^^ mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or