Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 02:49 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndesirable View Post
No no, when I said “bullcrap” I meant, having to go through the pains of getting a girlfriend the normal way (i.e. courtship, approaching, and all that lengthy stuff that I’m destined not to succeed at). If I have to go about it the normal way, I’ll never succeed. It would take money and incentive to make it happen for me, which I’m more than happy to do. I’m a family oriented kind of man, and am not looking purely for sex. In fact, I’m hoping that this method will allow me to reverse the selection process and cherry pick a good woman who might be wife material. When I say “get anything” I meant, I won’t find a woman if I have to go about it the normal way. I wasn’t referring to sex.
Yah add me to the not for 10k voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 02:51 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:

Look, without going into detail, I will just say that getting a girlfriend the normal way is completely out of the question. It just won’t happen. That’s just the way it is.

But sticking on topic, I don’t view women as “property” or “sex objects” as some of you might be thinking. Its not like that at all. It’s just that I’m looking for a way in which I can ensure that I can have a girlfriend. The only way I think it can happen is if I were to advertise for “hiring” a girlfriend, devise a good contract that covers me and is fair, and essential just pay money for it.

It’s kind of like being an upcoming musical act that isn’t good enough for promoters to ask to go on tour as the opening act for bigger bands, so a lot of times, in order to get on larger tours, smaller acts will “buy in” to tours. That’s what some bands have to do if they’re not good or popular enough to be asked by a promoter and offered money to join the tour roster. So I’m kind of thinking in those terms. To get what I want, I’ll just have to pay for it and force it to happen. But I’ll admit, it does sound contrived.
This is unclear. What do you want? What IS a girlfriend to you?

Old 08-03-2019, 03:02 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This is unclear. What do you want? What IS a girlfriend to you?
Good question. Because the OP's mindset now isn't too different from my own when I was 18. So, OP, help us help you. You say you want a girlfriend, but you aren't asking thinking through what it would entail. What role would she play in your life? What would you do with her? (out of bed, that is) How would you introduce her to friends and family? Do you want a loving life partner or a date insurance policy? And how would you handle it if she starts to feel more like a burden than a valuable part of your life?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2019 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-03-2019, 03:41 PM

16 posts, read 11,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Google says: on average $5,000.

Good question. Because the OP's mindset now isn't too different from my own when I was 18. So, OP, help us help you. You say you want a girlfriend, but you aren't asking thinking through what it would entail. What role would she play in your life? What would you do with her? (out of bed, that is) How would you introduce her to friends and family? Do you want a loving life partner or a date insurance policy? And how would you handle it if she starts to feel more like a burden than a valuable part of your life?
Well, it was a little less complicated than that for me really. I think everyone knows what a girlfriend is, and what it means to be one. It’s not just about sex for me. It’s about having someone in my life. Everyone else seems to have one, and I would like to experience that too at least once in my life. It was just an idea really. I guess I didn’t really consider all that stuff. I surely don’t intend to treat her like a robot. I’m also not familiar with the term “girlfriend insurance policy”. I guess I’m behind the times. I’m pretty simple. I just want a woman in my life, and I’m probably going to have to pay for it. That’s my impression of things anyway.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:45 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Quote:
I’ve recently been thinking about how to get a girlfriend. I’ve actually been dwelling on this for years. But recently I’ve thought about the idea of just “hiring” a girlfriend.

I don’t mean like a prostitute. It would essentially be a situation wherein I pay a girl a salary to perform the functions of being my girlfriend.

I know this is the only way I could ever get close to having a girlfriend. If I had to go about it the normal way, I would never get one.

I’m okay with the “illusion” of love. I can convince myself it’s real. I don’t really care if she’s faking it. As long as I can pay for it and have it there. Seems it would cut through much of the bullcrap too, like the “courtship” and all that stuff that would just be long, tedious, and ultimately would wind up with me never getting anything from a woman.

What do you think of this?
Works for me and my much younger girlfriend as I can afford it...........LOL

Old 08-03-2019, 03:47 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
If this is what you want to do.....*shrugs*

I would never do this as I think it's kind of ridiculous and unnecessary. I have way too much pride to sink that low. But that's just me.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:50 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
I’m also not familiar with the term “girlfriend insurance policy”. I guess I’m behind the times.
You're not. I made it up to describe my mindset. And it's "date insurance policy". It means keeping a girlfriend mainly or solely for to have a guaranteed date for couple-centric events, like dances. Your attraction and shared interests (or lack thereof) are irrelevant in this case.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:52 PM

16 posts, read 11,815 times
It was just a thought. Maybe it’s a crappy idea. But I don’t have any others. The normal route won’t work.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:00 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Works for me and my much younger girlfriend as I can afford it...........LOL
Maybe you can give him some pointers? Yes, it does seem to work for you, and at least your honest about it!

Old 08-03-2019, 04:01 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
I’ve recently been thinking about how to get a girlfriend. I’ve actually been dwelling on this for years. But recently I’ve thought about the idea of just “hiring” a girlfriend.

I don’t mean like a prostitute. It would essentially be a situation wherein I pay a girl a salary to perform the functions of being my girlfriend.

I know this is the only way I could ever get close to having a girlfriend. If I had to go about it the normal way, I would never get one.

I’m okay with the “illusion” of love. I can convince myself it’s real. I don’t really care if she’s faking it. As long as I can pay for it and have it there. Seems it would cut through much of the bullcrap too, like the “courtship” and all that stuff that would just be long, tedious, and ultimately would wind up with me never getting anything from a woman.

What do you think of this?
Have you ever even tried the "normal" way?

I can almost guarantee that paying a woman to spend time with you will not feel just like a girlfriend does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships