U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 07:03 AM

16 posts, read 6,531 times

Advertisements

Iíve recently been thinking about how to get a girlfriend. Iíve actually been dwelling on this for years. But recently Iíve thought about the idea of just ďhiringĒ a girlfriend.

I donít mean like a prostitute. It would essentially be a situation wherein I pay a girl a salary to perform the functions of being my girlfriend.

I know this is the only way I could ever get close to having a girlfriend. If I had to go about it the normal way, I would never get one.

Iím okay with the ďillusionĒ of love. I can convince myself itís real. I donít really care if sheís faking it. As long as I can pay for it and have it there. Seems it would cut through much of the bullcrap too, like the ďcourtshipĒ and all that stuff that would just be long, tedious, and ultimately would wind up with me never getting anything from a woman.

What do you think of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 07:12 AM

38,378 posts, read 56,199,525 times
Well, many marriages work like that. Your relationship might work too. Will you draw up a contract?
How old are you and what are you doing?

Good luck.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, many marriages work like that. Your relationship might work too. Will you draw up a contract?
How old are you and what are you doing?

Good luck.
Right now Iím just trying to determine whether or not the idea is good, or worth pursuing. Iíve got the money to pay basically ďwaiterís payĒ, or perhaps a bit more. Maybe $10,000 per year, which if she had a job, would be almost like having a second part-time job, but not having to do anything but be my girlfriend.

If I can determine whether or not itís a good idea that women might be receptive to, then I might consider typing up a contract. But it would be nice not to have to do that.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:26 AM

38,378 posts, read 56,199,525 times
I am not sure if you can find a housekeeper, cook and caretaker that will provide quality sex on demand for $10,000...
For that budget you might have to look for someone from the third world.

If that's supposed to be an job offer, it should be better than a work "at will".
What about vacation, retirement fund and insurance?
And since that's just a job, are you open to the idea that she might have a lover on the side? You know, for a real romantic relationship?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 08-03-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 08-03-2019, 08:51 AM

22,696 posts, read 24,296,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndesirable View Post
Iíve recently been thinking about how to get a girlfriend. Iíve actually been dwelling on this for years. But recently Iíve thought about the idea of just ďhiringĒ a girlfriend.

I donít mean like a prostitute. It would essentially be a situation wherein I pay a girl a salary to perform the functions of being my girlfriend.

I know this is the only way I could ever get close to having a girlfriend. If I had to go about it the normal way, I would never get one.

Iím okay with the ďillusionĒ of love. I can convince myself itís real. I donít really care if sheís faking it. As long as I can pay for it and have it there. Seems it would cut through much of the bullcrap too, like the ďcourtshipĒ and all that stuff that would just be long, tedious, and ultimately would wind up with me never getting anything from a woman.

What do you think of this?
By "getting anything" do you mean sex? How is paying a woman money so that you can have sex with her but not have the "bullcrap" like affection and friendship not prostitution?

Old 08-03-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am not sure if you can find a housekeeper, cook and caretaker that will provide quality sex on demand for $10,000...
For that budget you might have to look for someone from the third world.

If that's supposed to be an job offer, it should be better than a work "at will".
What about vacation, retirement fund and insurance?
And since that's just a job, are you open to the idea that she might have a lover on the side? You know, for a real romantic relationship?
Those are some very good points I didn’t consider. Thanks for giving some things to think about.

It just depends highly on what my income is this year. I could very well be on the brink of a acquiring some hefty wealth this year with a current endeavor I’m on. It would open the door to more options.

Last edited by elnina; 08-03-2019 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-03-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
By "getting anything" do you mean sex? How is paying a woman money so that you can have sex with her but not have the "bullcrap" like affection and friendship not prostitution?
No no, when I said “bullcrap” I meant, having to go through the pains of getting a girlfriend the normal way (i.e. courtship, approaching, and all that lengthy stuff that I’m destined not to succeed at). If I have to go about it the normal way, I’ll never succeed. It would take money and incentive to make it happen for me, which I’m more than happy to do. I’m a family oriented kind of man, and am not looking purely for sex. In fact, I’m hoping that this method will allow me to reverse the selection process and cherry pick a good woman who might be wife material. When I say “get anything” I meant, I won’t find a woman if I have to go about it the normal way. I wasn’t referring to sex.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:00 AM

17,202 posts, read 17,534,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndesirable View Post
Right now Iím just trying to determine whether or not the idea is good, or worth pursuing. Iíve got the money to pay basically ďwaiterís payĒ, or perhaps a bit more. Maybe $10,000 per year, which if she had a job, would be almost like having a second part-time job, but not having to do anything but be my girlfriend.

If I can determine whether or not itís a good idea that women might be receptive to, then I might consider typing up a contract. But it would be nice not to have to do that.
A lot of it depends on what you mean by "girlfriend". Go to family weddings and holiday family celebrations with you, a few times a year? Spend time with you, like going out to dinner and to the movies? How much time? Chat with you on the phone, or see you, every day after work? Have sex with you? How often?

If you look at sites like Sugar Babies/Sugar Daddies, they do something similar but for a lot
more money.

Depending on the cost of living in your city, it is very possible to spend $10,000 per year just going on a couple of dates a week with an actual girl friend (unless she pays for herself). Look at the cost of dinner at a nice restaurant and then tickets to a Broadway show and maybe a few drinks later. That could be $1,000 right there. Even going to Olive Garden, a movie & snacks, and a couple of drinks or going to a professional baseball game with snacks & a few beers would easily be a couple hundred dollars.

IMHO, try to be the best man that you can be and continue looking for a real girlfriend not a pretend one.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:02 AM

5,572 posts, read 8,221,251 times
I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who will go for this. If that's what you BOTH want as long as you don't bring children into this type of arrangement & you're each equally getting what you want out of it, then hey, I guess why not.

How long do you plan to do this...for the rest of your life? I assume when you find the right lady, you just BOTH stay in this arrangement until 1 of you grow tired of it & then you find another lady to replace her?

But, what happens if you start out in this arrangement & 1 of you genuinely falls in love w/ the other? It's NOT going to turn out well since this starting out as a PAYING arrangement. If the woman falls in love w/ you, she may feel cheap & used & if you're the one who falls in love w/ her, you'll then want to stop paying her & she will wonder why the money has to stop. I see a disaster waiting to happen in the future.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who will go for this. If that's what you BOTH want as long as you don't bring children into this type of arrangement & you're each equally getting what you want out of it, then hey, I guess why not.

How long do you plan to do this...for the rest of your life? I assume when you find the right lady, you just BOTH stay in this arrangement until 1 of you grow tired of it & then you find another lady to replace her?

But, what happens if you start out in this arrangement & 1 of you genuinely falls in love w/ the other? It's NOT going to turn out well since this starting out as a PAYING arrangement. If the woman falls in love w/ you, she may feel cheap & used & if you're the one who falls in love w/ her, you'll then want to stop paying her & she will wonder why the money has to stop. I see a disaster waiting to happen in the future.
I’ve been trying to ponder this very thought myself. This is why I’m not 100% sold on the idea. Because I know the scenario would end up with me falling in love with her, not her falling in love with me (an impossibility). It could be a disaster. I know for a fact I couldn’t find a woman the normal way, so something like this is really the only option I’ve got. With money on the table, I could flip the selection process around, and I could do the selecting, and get a quality woman I would want (at least theoretically that’s how it could work).

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2019 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or