Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 09:25 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
In the stores while shopping for dresses or whatever or ambushing outside the stores is weird.
Nothing wrong with a conversation while shopping. I'm personally the last person to initiate a conversation anywhere. I personally do not see how meeting someone at a grocery store can work. But I'm not going to brand anyone desperate, weird, pervert just because they said "Hi" to me or struck up a brief conversation. I'm a grouch and I see value in human interaction. As long as they keep it casual.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 08-04-2019 at 09:36 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Life pro tip. MOST women don't walk around waiting to be "approached" by guys. Most women want to have *something* in common with the guys before the thought of going out with them even crosses their mind. My daughter learned at the ripe old age of 13 that boys will ask her out just because she is pretty. They don't know jack about her. What kind of music she likes. What she likes to do for fun. Many of us don't LIKE the fact that the only thing that a guy considers is whether or not she has an owner... um, husband or boyfriend.

Most of us, when making the big exciting trip to Target to acquire a man, are actually not. We are there to get our housewares, our cleaning supplies. I can tell you what I am thinking when it happens to me. Because, despite what one guy is saying up thread, it does happen. And quite a lot. I am pushing my cart with my groceries. And a guy asks me what I am doing? I look at him for a second as if he lost his mind. Um, pushing my groceries to my car where I will unload them. Can I help??!! No, (um) thanks. I have arms. And hands. What are you doing tonight? This is where I start to get annoyed. And want to reply something like ... well not punching you in the face since I am going to do that right here, right now. Of course I don't say that. I smile and say something benign like, none of your business. Or I might be snarky and say, picking my teeth. I love picking my teeth. I have actually said something like, I am going to bang the **** out of my **** buddy. I love it when we get together. He can do such amazing things with his mouth.

Men. Stop. Just Stop. If you don't have a life, get one. A girlfriend is not magically going to get one for you.

I was chatting with a guy from OKC. When I asked him what he liked to do for fun, he said he never really did anything but work. When he gets a woman, he wants the woman to light up his life. Think about that. What FUN! I cannot WAIT to take on the responsibility for lighting up someone's life! Giving them the wild and cray idea to go DO SOMETHING.

Just no.
This is it, right here guys. Listen to this. Sound wisdom. Especially the part about your life. I keep hearing from certain guys, "If only I had a woman, my life would be okay."

Stop right there

If your life is in the crapper, then a relationship is not going to make it better. If anything, it may make your life worse.

You are not suddenly going to start making six-figures and have a chiseled body the moment you become official with a woman.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:35 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Nothing wrong with a conversation while shopping. I'm personally the last person to initiate a conversation anywhere. I personally do not see how grocery store meeting can work. But I'm not going to brand anyone desperate, weird, pervert just because they said "Hi" to me or struck up a brief conversation. I'm a grouch and I see value in human interaction.
Two scenarios:

1. Wow, those oranges look great. Must be good orange season. Being in the produce section buying oranges. Because one wants oranges.

2. Scanning the parking lot for women to "approach". Having prepped themselves for "approaching" these weird creatures called women in the hopes of getting on of them along with their oranges.

The sad thing is the only takeaway from this is going to be, oh ok I'll mention oranges.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:39 AM

236 posts, read 127,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I get the sense that they're not just bad with women, they're awkward with people in general. I wonder how they are at work, or with their friends and family.
In my honest opinion, many of the people you are talking about, seek solace in online forums to find other people like them. Which creates a breeding ground for hate/extremism, and is a large factor in the attacks we just had in EL Paso and Ohio.

*I'm NOT saying every awkward guy is like this* And op, I won't derailed your thread with politics after this post.

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; 08-04-2019 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Two scenarios:

1. Wow, those oranges look great. Must be good orange season. Being in the produce section buying oranges. Because one wants oranges.

2. Scanning the parking lot for women to "approach". Having prepped themselves for "approaching" these weird creatures called women in the hopes of getting on of them along with their oranges.

The sad thing is the only takeaway from this is going to be, oh ok I'll mention oranges.
Lol!!! Yep. I wouldn't be surprised to be hearing about the "orange game".

Women, guard your oranges.

Btw Navel Oranges and Mandarin Oranges are some of my favorites.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:40 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Lol!!! Yep. I wouldn't be surprised to be hearing about the "orange game".

Women, guard your oranges.

Btw Navel Oranges and Mandarin Oranges are some of my favorites.
Wanna come over tonight? We can make orange chicken. Dude has some orange GAME.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Wanna come over tonight? We can make orange chicken. Dude has some orange GAME.
Now, I want to go to Panda or P.F. Chang.

Crazy thing is I might accidentally or unintentionally work some orange game.

After all, I worked a cellphone battery game a few years back.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:50 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlight04 View Post
I mean how would I approach a random girl I find attractive shopping in target ? What would I need to say and if I asked them for their phone number or if they would like to be my girl friend would they be turned off ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
If some guy came up to me at Target and asked for my phone number I’d give him one of my “looks” and walk away. If he asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend I’d report him to security.
Ditto. I might even call security if he abruptly asked for my phone number.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:57 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
In this day & age, it doesn't look good in general & is a bad idea overall. People will probably be suspicious & scared of your intentions. I wouldn't stick around & talk to some guy I don't know who just pops up...God knows what he's up to.

Inside though, would be a little better than outside & even then, it will look like stalking or harrassment. Outside the store, people are more in a rush to walk to/from the store or put their stuff in their car & zoom off.

If you try this at all, I think the DVD section would be the very best because you can strike up a conversation asking if they've seen this movie yet that the DVD is of.

These days, these places would be MUCH, MUCH better than just going up & starting to talk to people for no apparent reason who you have nothing in common with. All these are assuming that you're a member of these groups as well & NOT just popping up out of the blue & talking to someone when you've never been to the place before:

- church
- gym
- work
- set up by friends
- volunteer work
- being on a sports team

Last edited by Forever Blue; 08-04-2019 at 10:13 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 09:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Two scenarios:

Yes, there’s really no good way to explain how to be socially acceptable. Do not hold up a banana and 2 oranges, and ask- “How do you like them apples.”

(Well then again...you might run into me, who would actually laugh at how stupid you are.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships