U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

8,224 posts, read 6,068,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If I caught a man gazing admirably at my feet, telling me how beautiful my sandals look, I would assume he has a fetish. No matter how good-looking he was, even if I was into that — Target’s not the time or place to discuss that. Hey how about this for a new idea: “Coming to a location near you: Tinder Target!”
"From the creators of Tinder Target, Tinder Starbucks, and Tinder Planet Fitness comes, Tinder Street."

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

22,681 posts, read 24,276,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

A guy who semi-stalks women in or in front of a store to ask for a date or to be his girlfriend? Well that doesn't have a predatory feel to it at all.
I'm reminded of one of my favorite lines from Parks and Rec--"This is the worst thing I've ever seen. Are you Nell? From the movie Nell?"

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,105,543 times
I don't see how you would make the transition from "nice oranges" or whatever you start talking about, to "Can I have your number?" It's just weird. Now if you are at a bar, you can assume people might be there to meet someone new. Then it isn't so weird. But at Target, no, people are not looking to make new friends. They are there to buy paper towels.

Also, you can probably assume that if a woman is attractive enough to catch your eye, she probably already has a BF or doesn't have any trouble finding one.

Anyway, don't be like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

29 posts, read 728 times
I’m trying to find the best way to approach a lady at target, if I were in the women’s shoe section and I saw a cute lady looking at shoes could I say something like those shoes are very beautiful and they would look great on you?

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

10,579 posts, read 4,234,545 times
OP, absolutely NO on asking "will you be my girlfriend". Geez, please, no. My 4 year old even learned that on the playground - you don't say "will you be my friend", ever, and get good results. Look how it worked out for Caspar the Ghost.

That's exactly how it works in real life.

And I agree with the posters who say your awkwardness would make the situation very awkward, where young men who are very gregarious can do this easily. Ask for help, or advise. "I'm buying a housewarming gift - is this something that pretty much everyone would like, do you think? Is this wooden bowl better?" "Sorry to bug you, but do you have any idea what sriracha is? I was at (name local restaurant) and the waitress said the dipping sauce had sriracha in it? ?? (Stand there in front of the dressings looking clueless)"

If she's attracted to you, and you do this smoothly, and she's unattached, it's likely she'll give you her number.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

22,681 posts, read 24,276,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlight04 View Post
If I saw an attractive lady at target wearing thong sandals could I compliment her on how beautiful her sandals look?

Wouldn’t that appeal to her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlight04 View Post
I’m trying to find the best way to approach a lady at target, if I were in the women’s shoe section and I saw a cute lady looking at shoes could I say something like those shoes are very beautiful and they would look great on you?
The takeaway here is that you have a foot fetish, yes? Random women at Target should not be your demographic. That is a quick and easy way to get thrown out of Target.

You're on the internet, so there's probably a better way to find women who would actually not be weirded out by your desire to worship their feet.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

29 posts, read 728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
OP, absolutely NO on asking "will you be my girlfriend". Geez, please, no. My 4 year old even learned that on the playground - you don't say "will you be my friend", ever, and get good results. Look how it worked out for Caspar the Ghost.

That's exactly how it works in real life.

And I agree with the posters who say your awkwardness would make the situation very awkward, where young men who are very gregarious can do this easily. Ask for help, or advise. "I'm buying a housewarming gift - is this something that pretty much everyone would like, do you think? Is this wooden bowl better?" "Sorry to bug you, but do you have any idea what sriracha is?"

If she's attracted to you, and you do this smoothly, and she's unattached, it's likely she'll give you her number.
Well sometimes when I am at target walking through those walk path ways and there are like groups of teens/early 20s girls together some of them look at me so I’m assuming they think I’m attractive because they are eyeing me

Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

819 posts, read 265,034 times
We can debate this all day - and apparently we are. What does he have to lose if he tries. As long as he is not overly aggressive - who knows. I have met couples over the years who claim to have met at some store. Where the guy approached the woman and it went from there.

If its not your thing, then its not your thing. Hell, if he can do it at the store (had the courage to do so), then he would have no trouble at any place else....

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM

12,553 posts, read 9,997,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I was wondering, would a gym be a better option than the OP....since you see the same people on daily basis, I'm sure they eventually become familiar with you on site.
It is stereo typical starker/creeper scene. MIGHT he get a woman who is not creeped out? Who might not call the staff? Or is he vastly more likely to get told to [bleep] by the woman trying to work out dealing with the third guy pulling this crap this month? What do you think?

Here's the thing. It is not about the location. It is not about the witty words. It is about being a human being, preferable an interesting one, out in the world when you meet interesting people doing interesting things.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 11:46 PM..

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

7,638 posts, read 3,002,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I don't see how you would make the transition from "nice oranges" or whatever you start talking about, to "Can I have your number?" It's just weird. Now if you are at a bar, you can assume people might be there to meet someone new. Then it isn't so weird. But at Target, no, people are not looking to make new friends. They are there to buy paper towels.

Also, you can probably assume that if a woman is attractive enough to catch your eye, she probably already has a BF or doesn't have any trouble finding one.

Anyway, don't be like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw
^^^Omg, that was perfect! There’s a guy like that right here...

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Yesterday at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or