U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 06:34 AM

12,911 posts, read 10,086,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1194 View Post
Recently, I was beginning to talk to someone I met from online. We had a good convo on the phone before meeting up. When we met in person, we discussed tentatively meeting up the next day to go for breakfast. He mentioned that he would reach out the next day to schedule plans. The next day comes and I donít hear from him until the evening (canít remember if it was the evening or the following day). I gave him the cold shoulder because he pretty much stood me up. I told him why I was perturbed with him and he did not see an issue. He apologized, mentioned that he got called into work unexpectedly and had a busy day. We talked on the phone and I mentioned that I would consider wanting to talk to him again. He follows up the next day to check on me and I ghosted him.
In my opinion, the time to have these thoughts was before you ghosted him. Now it just comes off as playing games. Leave this one. Move on to the next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 09:17 AM

7,767 posts, read 3,048,473 times
If it’s only the second time I’ve talked to a potential romantic interest and they are already telling they’re “perturbed with me” and why, well... good bye. Who needs that.

Last edited by RbccL; 08-05-2019 at 09:59 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 09:34 AM

827 posts, read 466,881 times
I think it's weirder that you decided to play a childish game despite not knowing the reason he didn't call. Then later on after discussing the issues and he apologized and followed up, you ghosted him? And all this after 1 date?

I'd run, not walk away from you.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:38 PM

972 posts, read 371,249 times
nope.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:38 AM

2,055 posts, read 995,885 times
"B-b-but wait, I've lost weight and I'm pretty!!!! You're all supposed to tell me I'm RIGHT!!!"

Old 08-06-2019, 07:14 AM

20 posts, read 6,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
I think it's weirder that you decided to play a childish game despite not knowing the reason he didn't call. Then later on after discussing the issues and he apologized and followed up, you ghosted him? And all this after 1 date?

I'd run, not walk away from you.
I do know why he didnít call, he said he was at work

Old 08-06-2019, 08:30 AM

6,985 posts, read 2,516,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1194 View Post
Recently, I was beginning to talk to someone I met from online. We had a good convo on the phone before meeting up. When we met in person, we discussed tentatively meeting up the next day to go for breakfast. He mentioned that he would reach out the next day to schedule plans. The next day comes and I donít hear from him until the evening (canít remember if it was the evening or the following day). I gave him the cold shoulder because he pretty much stood me up. I told him why I was perturbed with him and he did not see an issue. He apologized, mentioned that he got called into work unexpectedly and had a busy day. We talked on the phone and I mentioned that I would consider wanting to talk to him again. He follows up the next day to check on me and I ghosted him.

Wasn't it JUST yesterday that I read a post from you, wondering why you never had relationships???

Well, here's an example of why you don't have relationships. Good lord.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:37 AM

55,930 posts, read 74,960,375 times
You were stood up you accepted it
The stage is set for this play to begin

Old 08-07-2019, 01:18 PM

5,597 posts, read 8,242,306 times
NOPE, no 2nd chance here...NOT when everyone has a cell phone attached to their hip these days & it would have only taken a quick second to text you really fast that he couldn't make it. Plus, there are phones at his work too that he could have used for a quick second.

Just think, he could have texted you really quick when he was on his lunch break, walking to or from the bathroom, etc. during his "busy work day", so just being busy is NO excuse for me & it shouldn't be a legit excuse for ANYONE anymore.

Men/people need to learn that they can't treat people like this, but it's up to the ones they're treating like disposable trash to hold firm & stand up to them & NOT buckle.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:03 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,326,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I'm pretty laid-back but I would have given him a second chance. He did not "stand you up"- were you all dressed up and ready to go somewhere and he never showed? That's being stood up.

Early in the relationship with the guy I'm now seeing, he showed up way late for a lunch date. I didn't have his phone number- only e-mail. He had the wrong restaurant in his head so showed up at the wrong place. I knew that he'd retired at age 61 from his legal practice as a public defender after burning out and not showing up when he was supposed to, being in one place when he was supposed to be someplace else, getting his schedule messed up...I figured he may still have had that quirk.

He was very apologetic, we had a nice lunch and the rest is history. Sometimes he's 5 or 10 minutes late but that's it and I can tolerate that. I'm glad I didn't just write him off.
This. I would have given him a second chance. Things happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or