Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 05:39 PM

20 posts, read 11,846 times

Advertisements

I just don’t get it. I am always single, literally always. I’m told I’m attractive and what not but never get approached by guys. I’ve lost weight and am always single. I did not have an actual short term relationship until I was 23, mind you I was on dating apps previously.

I never was pursued before by guys I liked, which is why I was always single. The last guy I “dated” was in long term relationships before talking to me. People that saw what he looked like when he was dating me said he was unattractive and mentioned that I could have done better. Mind you, he has been in relationships with good looking women.

He moved on within a few weeks after we stopped dating and this women wasn’t bad looking either.

How can someone unattractive like him get women so easily? While someone like myself, whose told she’s attractive, always be single? I sound bitter and jealous because I am, I want to move on but can never find a boyfriend. And I wish I never dated him/ saved myself for someone closer to my standards and worth my while.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:41 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
"How can someone unattractive like him get women so easily?"
money?

Old 08-04-2019, 05:42 PM

1,210 posts, read 887,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1194 View Post
I could have done better.
someone closer to my standards and worth my while.
Just lower your standards.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:43 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
It’s a 2 way street you don’t have to be entitled to be “pursued”.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:44 PM

1,153 posts, read 566,739 times
Maybe give people a chance - including the ones you don't instantly feel attraction with but who are otherwise not unattractive. Attraction can grow.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Probably because of this:

Quote:

I sound bitter and jealous because I am...
Who told you you can do better, your mom?

Old 08-04-2019, 05:56 PM

20 posts, read 11,846 times
A few people have told me I’m attractive, not only family and friends

Old 08-04-2019, 06:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
A few people have told me I’m attractive, not only family and friends
Bitterness tends to transcend other aspects of your life. This may be coming across, since "attractiveness" encompasses many different traits besides just your weight.

WE, of course, can't diagnose your lack of love life from here, except to throw out guesses based on the few clues you provide. But dissatisfaction is not an attractive trait, and not everyone YOU are attracted to will be attracted to you.

I would stop looking outward and comparing your supposed lack to whatever others are doing.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Maybe give people a chance - including the ones you don't instantly feel attraction with but who are otherwise not unattractive. Attraction can grow.
Disagree. Garbage never smells better as time passes.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:38 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,189,978 times
Hi Dsg1194 --

What some of the others posters have said, is true. If you are unhappy and/or bitter, it does show. So you do have to be conscious of what you say and how you say it.

This is the beginning of the Fall season, which is a time for new beginnings. Why not try some new activities, which may give you the opportunity to meet more people, just as friends. Try a new way to spend time -- join the local Toastmaster's Club, a place where people are learning to improve their public speaking skills in order to, perhaps, advance on their job. Or a coed softball team through the park district in your city. Or maybe the Sierra Club, which has singles' hike and potlucks? Or, volunteer to work on a campaign for a political candidate - the election season is getting close. Join a religious organization, volunteer for a cause. And keep up with the activity -- don't quit too soon. There are so many things you can do which, in addition to giving you more self-confidence, can help you meet friends.

Sometime, perhaps when you least expect it, you may meet someone special. Yes, it can be harder in these times, because statistically, fewer people are marrying. But remember, many people have happy, loving marriages with partners who do not look like a prince or princess. You could be missing out on a great person if you jump to conclusions too fast. Of course, if you have a gut feeling about safety, of course listen to that. But if you happen to meet a pleasant person and he is out enjoying a hobby, taking a class, or volunteering for a cause, talk and be pleasant, even if he does not have movie star looks. Might be a nice guy.

Good luck --

Holly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships