U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:27 PM
 
1,631 posts, read 609,744 times
Reputation: 3501

Advertisements

Actually, the most concerning thing for me would be the scarcity of jobs in your chosen field. It is a great field and I, as well as other family members, would like this job too. We all love museums! As long as you have some other skills, though, maybe you can find a job in an alternate field, if you have to. But if you can get the museum job, great!!

As a couple of others posters mentioned, yes - there are women who do not wish to have children, or are unable to have kids due to physical reasons.

Many people do not care for the party circuit. A disabled leg? No big deal. High paying job? These are definitely not deal breakers at all.

I do not think you would have any troubles finding a mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:00 PM
 
1,250 posts, read 379,522 times
Reputation: 3987
You sound pretty good on paper. Earning potential could be a downside, but if you aren't a frivolous spender a woman making a good income might be willing to overlook that. No pets...... if you want to travel that is reasonable, but it eliminates a lot of potential mates. Pets are easier/cheaper than kids. You should consider being flexible on house vs condo. House is a better investment and things can be hired out. Not to mention many women are willing/able to do yard upkeep. Modern lots are so small there's not much to it.

If you aren't getting second dates maybe you have quirks you don't realize or aren't sharing here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 08:26 AM
 
3,865 posts, read 1,790,356 times
Reputation: 7636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbioman23 View Post
To all of you women out there, would you wanna be with a man like this.
1. Tall with a disabled leg
2. Going to be in school until age 27
3. Going to work for a museum or historic site after graduating grad school(not much of a money-maker)
4. Quiet, but tries to be outgoing
5. Not a pet person
6. Wants to live in a condo, not a house, primarily due to leg disability.
7. Wants to travel the world
8. Doesn’t really want kids
9. Not a hard-core partier, but likes to go out and have a good time

All of these factors are of me. While I am proud of who I am, and what I aim to do in life, something tells me most women are not attracted to this. What are your thoughts about it? The reason why I ask is because I can never keep a woman past the first date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That list isn't that bad.
I agree with Chow. Not only is this not a bad list, it's a pretty good one. I won't dissect it point by point, but plenty of women want those same things or could easily accommodate them. However, the tone of this post and your other posts may be a problem.

You seem almost apologetic about who you are and what you want, though. That's a problem. It's an over used word, but you need to own your traits and choices. Not in a brash way, because that's not really you, but in a quietly confident way that you could carry off with a little effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 08:42 AM
 
10,627 posts, read 4,276,056 times
Reputation: 26867
The one thing I noticed, is you don't want kids or pets.

I'll say this. VERY often women who don't want kids DO want dogs or cats, especially as they age.

That might be an issue.

The rest, if you're fun, and interesting, and interested in her, and thoughtful and sweet, sounds like you could easily find a partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 08:45 AM
 
1,076 posts, read 242,222 times
Reputation: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbioman23 View Post
To all of you women out there, would you wanna be with a man like this.
1. Tall with a disabled leg
2. Going to be in school until age 27
3. Going to work for a museum or historic site after graduating grad school(not much of a money-maker)
4. Quiet, but tries to be outgoing
5. Not a pet person
6. Wants to live in a condo, not a house, primarily due to leg disability.
7. Wants to travel the world
8. Doesn’t really want kids
9. Not a hard-core partier, but likes to go out and have a good time

All of these factors are of me. While I am proud of who I am, and what I aim to do in life, something tells me most women are not attracted to this. What are your thoughts about it? The reason why I ask is because I can never keep a woman past the first date.
10. Self pitying.

I can see your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 09:00 AM
 
167 posts, read 33,071 times
Reputation: 339
Op I'm a dude, I know you're asking the ladies, but what do you LOOK like? It might be a shallow question, but this will be a factor in many (most) cases. And, do you normally make an effort to look as good as you can (clean, clothes that look good, nice teeth...etc)? Also, learn (if you haven't already) to develop your social and conversational skills.

Start doing all that of this in addition to your list above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 09:02 AM
 
Location: So Cal
40,663 posts, read 40,217,194 times
Reputation: 42088
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I agree with Chow. Not only is this not a bad list, it's a pretty good one. I won't dissect it point by point, but plenty of women want those same things or could easily accommodate them. However, the tone of this post and your other posts may be a problem.

You seem almost apologetic about who you are and what you want, though. That's a problem. It's an over used word, but you need to own your traits and choices. Not in a brash way, because that's not really you, but in a quietly confident way that you could carry off with a little effort.
I've seen posters come through here over the years that have a whole lot worse things going for them than what is listed in the OP.

There is unfortunately kind of a whiny tone that is coming through the OP and I'm not sure how much of that is getting projected from the OP in real life.

People do not like people that are carrying around a lot of self-loathing or self-pity type of baggage. Not saying that the OP is necessarily doing that, I'm just saying. People can pick up on that pretty quickly and often times we have no self-awareness of how we come across to others.

I've been unaware of myself for most of my life. I'm just now seeing myself with a more clarity and I'm turning 50 this month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 09:24 AM
 
Location: new to the BA & l o v e it
1,297 posts, read 306,356 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbioman23 View Post
To all of you women out there, would you wanna be with a man like this.
1. Tall with a disabled leg
2. Going to be in school until age 27
3. Going to work for a museum or historic site after graduating grad school(not much of a money-maker)
4. Quiet, but tries to be outgoing
5. Not a pet person
6. Wants to live in a condo, not a house, primarily due to leg disability.
7. Wants to travel the world
8. Doesn’t really want kids
9. Not a hard-core partier, but likes to go out and have a good time

All of these factors are of me. While I am proud of who I am, and what I aim to do in life, something tells me most women are not attracted to this. What are your thoughts about it? The reason why I ask is because I can never keep a woman past the first date.
There are lots of people who could be a match for you. You just have to date & meet .....BUT it is how you treat or care for people & how you connect to other people OR how well you can show your emotions or be vulnerable to someone........that's gonna be way more important than liking pets or not....or wanting kids or not....or living in a condo or a house..... in finding a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 10:36 AM
 
12,747 posts, read 10,046,106 times
Reputation: 16391
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbioman23 View Post
To all of you women out there, would you wanna be with a man like this.
1. Tall with a disabled leg
2. Going to be in school until age 27
3. Going to work for a museum or historic site after graduating grad school(not much of a money-maker)
4. Quiet, but tries to be outgoing
5. Not a pet person
6. Wants to live in a condo, not a house, primarily due to leg disability.
7. Wants to travel the world
8. Doesn’t really want kids
9. Not a hard-core partier, but likes to go out and have a good time

All of these factors are of me. While I am proud of who I am, and what I aim to do in life, something tells me most women are not attracted to this. What are your thoughts about it? The reason why I ask is because I can never keep a woman past the first date.
Aside from the negative self talk and the clear poor self esteem, you sound like a jewel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Canada
9,119 posts, read 8,411,998 times
Reputation: 19624
In another thread you mentioned hearing issues and heart issues.

How does all of this impact your daily living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top