U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 10:57 AM

37 posts, read 9,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
In another thread you mentioned hearing issues and heart issues.

How does all of this impact your daily living?
I have slight hearing loss from past treatment I have been on for my health. Therefore itís harder for me to listen to people, especially if there is a lot of background noise. I also have a slightly weakened heart from treatment. Therefore I canít lift heavy weights in the gym, which in turn makes me loose my ability to look physically attractive, on top of the fact that my legs disabled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 11:15 AM

167 posts, read 33,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbioman23 View Post
I have slight hearing loss from past treatment I have been on for my health. Therefore it’s harder for me to listen to people, especially if there is a lot of background noise. I also have a slightly weakened heart from treatment. Therefore I can’t lift heavy weights in the gym, which in turn makes me loose my ability to look physically attractive, on top of the fact that my legs disabled.
I'm telling you op, and again i know you want ladies' opinions, it will take a SPECIAL woman to want what you have described. They're out there, but most want someone they can do things with. Guys are they same way!

Are you a member of a support group of disabled ppl who are like you? Are there any women there who are, or have been, disabled? Who better to be with than someone who fully understands your situation?

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; 08-05-2019 at 11:23 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 11:18 AM

22,699 posts, read 24,312,376 times
Quote:
I have slight hearing loss from past treatment I have been on for my health. Therefore itís harder for me to listen to people, especially if there is a lot of background noise. I also have a slightly weakened heart from treatment. Therefore I canít lift heavy weights in the gym, which in turn makes me loose my ability to look physically attractive, on top of the fact that my legs disabled.
You've said the thing about heavy weights before, which seems like a non-issue. The question of how your conditions affect your life have more to do with things like, do you drive, how is your personal mobility (wheelchair, crutches, etc.) what is your energy level? Most women you're going to date aren't expecting you to carry her around or run a marathon.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:06 PM

13,375 posts, read 25,690,254 times
Quote:
To all of you women out there, would you wanna be with a man like this.
All of these factors are of me. While I am proud of who I am, and what I aim to do in life, something tells me most women are not attracted to this. What are your thoughts about it? The reason why I ask is because I can never keep a woman past the first date.
Sure, if the man were age-reasonable for me. I rescue dogs and have several seniors but wouldn't want that to stop someone who would otherwise be good company (assuming OP is good company!)

I never wanted kids and know a lot of people who honestly don't want to be parents. It is a deal breaker for me and always was!

Job focus is absolutely fascinating to me and would have been at a younger age, too. I pay my own way, don't see men as wallets. I have always wondered why anyone chooses business or software aside from money. I make my own, always have, and have happily paid for friends, male or female, who have less.

Wishing OP best in having and being good company.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:07 PM

5,427 posts, read 1,353,989 times
Quote:
1. Tall with a disabled leg
2. Going to be in school until age 27
3. Going to work for a museum or historic site after graduating grad school(not much of a money-maker)
4. Quiet, but tries to be outgoing
5. Not a pet person
6. Wants to live in a condo, not a house, primarily due to leg disability.
7. Wants to travel the world
8. Doesnít really want kids
9. Not a hard-core partier, but likes to go out and have a good time

All of these factors are of me. While I am proud of who I am, and what I aim to do in life, something tells me most women are not attracted to this. What are your thoughts about it? The reason why I ask is because I can never keep a woman past the first date.
None of these are deal breakers. NOT ONE.

Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM

37 posts, read 9,854 times
Thank you everyone! It makes me feel so much better to know that there are women out there who don’t mind these things in a man. I guess I just have to look a little harder.

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,805,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndesirable View Post
It disturbs the living hell out of me that so many people these days donít want kids. Having children is the single most beautiful thing in this universe. You are probably a very intelligent and good person. What a crying shame! Your ancestors would shame the hell out of you, you know.
To whom?
You?
Many people are waking up to the fact that children are a burden and a expense hence the decline in birth rates among first world countries.
You should applaud the fact that many people don't want to bring children into this world for economic or personal emotional issues and the fact that they can't raise a child.

Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,351 posts, read 2,987,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Many people are waking up to the fact that children are a burden and a expense hence the decline in birth rates among first world countries.

That's not a fact. That's your opinion. And if we continue to have fewer children, eventually the human race will become extinct. Maybe that's what you want. But I want for us to continue to exist so we can protect life on Earth and spread it to other planets in this solar system and others. We are the steward of the Earth, so we have a moral obligation to continue to exist.

I have too many logistical and financial issues to start having children, so I can relate to someone who is "childless by circumstance". But I could never deal with someone who is "childfree by choice".

Old Today, 01:10 AM

14,948 posts, read 12,391,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
None of these are deal breakers. NOT ONE.
I agree. You can find a carbon copy of yourself in a woman.

Old Today, 03:31 AM

3 posts
Quote:
1. Tall with a disabled leg
2. Going to be in school until age 27
3. Going to work for a museum or historic site after graduating grad school(not much of a money-maker)
4. Quiet, but tries to be outgoing
5. Not a pet person
6. Wants to live in a condo, not a house, primarily due to leg disability.
7. Wants to travel the world
8. Doesnít really want kids
9. Not a hard-core partier, but likes to go out and have a good time

8. Doesnít really want kids I would run away from you for this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or