U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 11:40 PM

8 posts, read 1,575 times

Advertisements

Hi ive know a girl for more than 8 years because we were in high school and univeristy together but we almost never talk to each other, im not thinking of trying to have a relationship with her, i just want to know her a little better, So last friday i decided to send her a message on facebook chat, and the conversation was very good, in the end of the conversation, i invited her to go out next week (This week) she said it was okay and even she said we could go on friday or saturday she gave me her phone number and we said throught the week i would call her to set the day,place, time and everything.

i call her last wensday and the conversation was very cool , in the end when i asked if she was going to be able to go out on friday or saturday (as she said she could) she told me she had things to do ( i believed the reason she gave me why she couldnt go) , i asked her if she could go on sunday or any other time next week , she told she works on sundays...last thing i asked her...was if she was okay i call her next week to know if she had some free day, but she didnt reply the message.

What do you think it happend? should i talk to her again? or what shold i do? one friend told me if i talk to her again i would lose mi dignity but i think he overeacted a little bit or is he right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:58 AM

7,363 posts, read 3,047,994 times
Do you want to pursue a relationship or not? Isn't dating sort of a means to that end? Seems to be more important to you than you admit. I don't see why asking her again will damage your dignity. OTOH, if "preserving" some sort of dignity is more important than a potential relationship, perhaps you've answered your own question.

Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Do you want to pursue a relationship or not? Isn't dating sort of a means to that end? Seems to be more important to you than you admit. I don't see why asking her again will damage your dignity. OTOH, if "preserving" some sort of dignity is more important than a potential relationship, perhaps you've answered your own question.
I want to know her a little more,thats why i wanted to go out with her...just hang out as friends.
Is understandable if she thought i invented her as a date. Maybe i Rush things and i shouldve talked to her more and getting to know a her better so that she wouldnt thought i was inviting her as a date.

if that is the case maybe is not too late to fix things and talk to her,getting to know her better so she could see that im just trying to be her friend, right?

Old Yesterday, 03:47 AM

12,375 posts, read 13,652,723 times
Nope. Don’t contact her again.

She doesn’t want to further this relationship let alone conversation.

Old Yesterday, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Nope. Don’t contact her again.

She doesn’t want to further this relationship let alone conversation.
Thanks for reply. I appreciated your advise.

Do you think maybe i rush thinks with her?

Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

1,270 posts, read 1,310,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_122 View Post

It's not aboug rushing things, main issue is that this woman isn't "feeling it" to a point where she doesn't respond promptly enough, ignores you or seems to be unable to find "time" for you. Don't contact her again and forget the whole thing, instead of making excuses to be a moron and potentially give her a case to sabotage you in front of her girlfriends and other women she knows by getting the stalker label.

You should slam that door (your attempt to hit it off), apply sour grapes mantra (regardless if true or not) and pursue other women instead. She made her choice, don't let that choice to tie you to a lost case. Cut it and move on!

Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

773 posts, read 156,715 times
Quote:
what shold i do?
You gave her several opportunities. She could have initiated a suggestion for a future date. She didn't. Move on.

Old Today, 03:45 AM

12,375 posts, read 13,652,723 times
Quote:

Well, you came off a little desperate.

I mean, when Friday and Saturday was out you said ‘how about Sunday or any other day.’

Sometimes it’s a hunt. When you spot what you want you can’t attack. It’s a ‘be cool.’ Let it (her) come to you. Allow her to become attracted to you. If you’re too forward they will run away. Most likely in your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or