U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 01:57 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,204,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
You must be pretty handsome? Maybe athletic?

I have never approached a man, even while getting intoxicated in some public place. I would be mortified if I got shot down, no matter how polite it was.

So I do feel for guys who have to endure this.
I'm not quite as good looking as I was ten years ago (even though I don't look a day older, I have gained a lot of weight in recent years, but I have recently burned off some fat. I am on my way to a more "athletic" physique and my jawline is looking more apparent...)

To be honest, I can understand that being rejected can sting, but we have to remember to take it as not an evaluation on your value. You're just not a match. It doesn't mean this person is inherently better than you for rejecting you.

But if you're getting a string of rejections, at some point, you may have to just take a break for the sake of your mental well-being. I could 'reject' someone because I am in a bad position in my life or other reasons that have nothing to do with that person. I may even like that person a lot (and actually be interested), but that doesn't guarantee a yes from me because of other concerns that I have to take care of.

Honestly, I feel for people on both sides. Dating is supposed to be fun, but it often gets messed up for a lot of people with those people that can't take rejection well and all that can come from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 02:17 PM

237 posts, read 55,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I'm not quite as good looking as I was ten years ago (even though I don't look a day older, I have gained a lot of weight in recent years, but I have recently burned off some fat. I am on my way to a more "athletic" physique and my jawline is looking more apparent...)
Come clean dude! Are you really Idris Elba but you're just not telling us?

Old 08-15-2019, 02:35 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,204,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Come clean dude! Are you really Idris Elba but you're just not telling us?
Nah, my hair is too long (But he is my mentor in a screenplay I wrote).

But there can be a very vague resemblance. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, I can be the shorter, long-haired version of him (I'm about Denzel Washington's height).

Old 08-15-2019, 02:42 PM

996 posts, read 395,397 times
Idris Elba is pretty habdsome. I dont want to bring race into it, but as a white woman I do find African American men to be more approachable and easier to talk to, than white men for instance. Not to generalize but there is often something warmer and more easy going about them? Ime.

A lot of this might have to do with general approachability.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:31 AM

4,354 posts, read 4,779,642 times
Ehh being positive is no magic elixir if your appereance isnít up to snuff.

I think my looks and shyness have been whatís held me back personally.

Though Iíve gotten a little bit better on the shyness part and it still really hasnít helped.

Old Today, 09:36 PM

500 posts, read 349,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Ehh being positive is no magic elixir if your appereance isnít up to snuff.

I think my looks and shyness have been whatís held me back personally.

Though Iíve gotten a little bit better on the shyness part and it still really hasnít helped.

If you're ugly or fat, I'd say almost none of the advice given in this thread matters.

Old Today, 11:10 PM

1,022 posts, read 520,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
If you're ugly or fat, I'd say almost none of the advice given in this thread matters.
what if you're ugly and fat and shy, can you still monkeybranch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships