Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 07:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Which is why I tell dudes to be aggressive and hit on as many woman as possible to increase their odds. Woman have a lot more choices then men so sitting back and waiting for lightning to strike and your soulmate to appear in front of you isn’t a smart move.

Men must be aggressive and if woman don’t like it because it doesn’t make them feel special too bad.
Now, if we can take this aggression to our career and finances...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times
Quote:
Which is why I tell dudes to be aggressive and hit on as many woman as possible to increase their odds. Woman have a lot more choices then men so sitting back and waiting for lightning to strike and your soulmate to appear in front of you isn’t a smart move.

Men must be aggressive and if woman don’t like it because it doesn’t make them feel special too bad.
This sounds hostile. You dont have to be aggressive. If she feels uncomfortable thats bad.

Its not about feeling special. You sound like my stalker.

I wont be paranoid and assume youre him though. But these are not realistic ways of seeing things. Im typing on a phone but if I had a computer I could be more algebraic/collegial something.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
I’ve done it and it’s worked as have people I know. One will eventually bite.
Well that's good. I think there is a difference between what you mean when you say " be aggressive and hit on as many women as possible" and what some people are thinking about when they read it in your post.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:10 PM

Sorry I read his posts. I dont think its him but it could have been. Same attitude.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:12 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
I’ve done it and it’s worked as have people I know. One will eventually bite.
I'm not sure you'd find a good or compatible partner with this method. Who knows, you could, but it'd be a bit of a fluke and I think it would turn most women off.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
It’s not hostile that’s not how it’s meant to be. how about I use a better word like proactive.

Your average dude is gonna get rejected by many women on his level because she has many more options then him so he’s gonna have to go through a lot of rejections just to get someone in his league

Sitting back and waiting is not the way to go. Keep approaching women till one responds positively.

Woman don’t understand this method because they easily have options/ dates even if they’re not beauty queens. They really can’t emphatize what a struggling guy goes through in terms of having zero options for years.
Im not sure how to reply. Its just how life works? I get a cold or flu now and then, do I ***** about it or its just a fact of nature?

Women hold the cards. If you want sex you need to get a woman who wants to give it to you? You can try to pay for it or use force and possibly get it but still that woman dlidnt give it up like that. Theres a reason women pick and choose who they have sex with. Its been how evolution has proceeded for millenia. Become more atractive to the female. If you are asking us to change our standards that wont work.

I have empathy for your plight but I have more empathy for vulnerable people affected by these shallow needs.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
so you think nobody in the history of the world has ever got into a relationship over a cold approach?

I assure you tons have including me.

If my advice is so bad then what do you advise this struggling guys to do to increase their chances?
I'm not saying no-one has ever got into a relationship this way. I would wonder what that relationship would be like....the one you would get into by approaching loads of women one after the other. It sounds like you could end up with literally anyone, rather than someone you like. I mean, I am a straight woman so I don't know how to find a girlfriend, but I can smell it a mile off when a guy tries it on with everyone and is now trying it on with me, and it doesn't go down that well. If he is funny or interesting I might tolerate it, but I probably won't trust him or be interested in dating him, because this is the very definition of a player.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:26 PM

Im sorry if what I posted sounds really rude. Its just the guy sounds a lot like my stalker.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:32 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I'm not sure you'd find a good or compatible partner with this method. Who knows, you could, but it'd be a bit of a fluke and I think it would turn most women off.
Is it that women like feeling as if they have been selected and chosen rather than...checked off of a guy's list, I guess? How selective is selective enough? Is a guy's actual interest the threshold in how often it's appropriate to ask women out, or is the threshold a certain number? Because frankly, my interest tends to be fairly wide. I can find something attractive about most women. It's why I want to get to know them at least a little first...physical attraction is easy, and should take more before I decide whether or not I want to go out with someone. But, at a given time, I would have several women I was interested in, working towards asking her out. It wasn't like one in particular caught my interest and I ignored all others in exclusion to her. So, not singularly chosen or pursued to the exception of others.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:36 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I'm not saying no-one has ever got into a relationship this way. I would wonder what that relationship would be like....the one you would get into by approaching loads of women one after the other. It sounds like you could end up with literally anyone, rather than someone you like. I mean, I am a straight woman so I don't know how to find a girlfriend, but I can smell it a mile off when a guy tries it on with everyone and is now trying it on with me, and it doesn't go down that well. If he is funny or interesting I might tolerate it, but I probably won't trust him or be interested in dating him, because this is the very definition of a player.
As was pointed out earlier in this thread...is he really a player if he is failing that hard at getting a date? Players play their field and use their attractiveness and skills to maximize the amount of sex they can have. I don't think that's the kind of guy he's talking about. Kind of the opposite, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships