U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 06:50 PM

5,639 posts, read 2,447,216 times

Advertisements

This story sounds familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 06:51 PM

332 posts, read 99,130 times
Put her face in the rear view mirror, brother.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:00 AM

9 posts, read 2,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

Some people are fooled into believing they made a bad decision because they don't like the way it feels.

This is exactly how I'm feeling. Like my brain is playing some kind of cruel trick on me! I know 100% if we got back together I would be unhappy again within a week, probably sooner. The whole thing just doesn't make sense.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:56 AM

1,989 posts, read 853,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKaymen View Post
This is exactly how I'm feeling. Like my brain is playing some kind of cruel trick on me! I know 100% if we got back together I would be unhappy again within a week, probably sooner. The whole thing just doesn't make sense.
This is how I'm feeling right now as well. Thats 3 of us on this thread. We are not alone. YOu wouldn't be feeling this way if you were in another relationship.

Last edited by Berteau; 08-08-2019 at 10:25 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 10:02 AM

8,372 posts, read 6,132,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKaymen View Post
Your brain is playing some kind of cruel trick. Definitely don't fall for it. Remember that there are plenty of others out there and trust that you have the chance for a much better relationship. Try to put your focus on the relationship you want instead of the relationship you had. That is what I had to do to get over someone toxic that I cared for.

I will tell you, that part is hard because your brain is going to go back to it. One thing I noticed is when I focused on the type of relationship I wanted, my mind focused less on the toxic person and I started feeling better. Then I focused more.

This is one thing that worked for me.

Do everything you can to move on in a healthy way. Right now, you're just going through a certain stage of grief in the break up that's all that is. Given time, you will adjust.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Your brain is playing some kind of cruel trick. Definitely don't fall for it. Remember that there are plenty of others out there and trust that you have the chance for a much better relationship. Try to put your focus on the relationship you want instead of the relationship you had. That is what I had to do to get over someone toxic that I cared for.

I will tell you, that part is hard because your brain is going to go back to it. One thing I noticed is when I focused on the type of relationship I wanted, my mind focused less on the toxic person and I started feeling better. Then I focused more.

This is one thing that worked for me.

Do everything you can to move on in a healthy way. Right now, you're just going through a certain stage of grief in the break up that's all that is. Given time, you will adjust.

Thank you, that's some good advice, i will give it a try :-)

Old 08-09-2019, 09:24 AM

10,172 posts, read 3,897,652 times
Meet someone else, that will remove her from your mind.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Meet someone else, that will remove her from your mind.
I've been hitting Tinder and Bumble to find someone else. Those apps are hard work though!

Old 08-11-2019, 03:37 AM

3 posts, read 540 times
No body wish to be in a toxic relationship, i know a guy that almost lost his life from such, you are lucky you ended it, but thinking of going back again, please stay away, what you need now is a caring and loving partner... and with your due search, you would definitely see someone that would love and care for you...

Old 08-11-2019, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
This is how I'm feeling right now as well. Thats 3 of us on this thread. We are not alone. YOu wouldn't be feeling this way if you were in another relationship.
Make that 4. I'm going through the same thing right now too. Trying to get out and meet someone else sucks. We'll all figure it out eventually though. You're right where you're supposed to be. Keep moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or