U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:50 PM

773 posts, read 156,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Everyone I know. Because they know it just is not very nice. It is sort of quintessential (look it up) male douche-baggery.
Not necessarily. Nobody is lying to anyone. It's a good and healthy thing to date around. Dating is fun! It's important to meet lots of different personalities.

Old Today, 06:56 PM

12,575 posts, read 10,002,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Not necessarily. Nobody is lying to anyone. It's a good and healthy thing to date around. Dating is fun! It's important to meet lots of different personalities.
Oh by all means. Dating around is great. Hitting on anything that moves in the hopes that something sticks is ****ty.

Old Today, 07:02 PM

773 posts, read 156,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Oh by all means. Dating around is great. Hitting on anything that moves in the hopes that something sticks is ****ty.
Hitting on anything that moves is just natural. It's in a normal healthy guy's firmware and it's been that way for 69 thousand years. Any guy that doesn't acknowledge that is either ill, gay, or lying.

Old Today, 07:11 PM

12,575 posts, read 10,002,249 times
Quote:
Hitting on anything that moves is just natural. It's in a normal healthy guy's firmware and it's been that way for 69 thousand years. Any guy that doesn't acknowledge that is either ill, gay, or lying.
Ah that good ol' logical fallacy. Strangely the guys I know, who happen to actually be getting laid and relationships and happy things like that, kind of don't roll that way.

Old Today, 07:30 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,716,448 times
I think going on many one-at-a-time dates over a period of time is fine. But dating a whole bunch of people all the time, kinda implies that "any will do" or that you don't really care so long as one "takes the bait". IMO.

Old Today, 07:34 PM

8,232 posts, read 6,072,411 times
Quote:

Funny for you to say that because I've fought off advances from guys that "hit on anything that moves". That 'anything' included other men which by definition is gay.

Also, "hitting on anything that moves" doesn't seem to work for a lot of dudes. I don't "hit on anything that moves" and I do pretty darn good with women.

I laugh at guys who try to play the "I do it because I'm a straight man" card as an excuse for their desperation and their poor impulse control because I wind up leaving with the woman and they are left standing around with their in their hand.

Guys, don't think you have to try and bark at and hump "everything that moves" in order to prove you're a man. You'll be a lot happier, trust me. We don't have to be mindless animals, as a matter of fact, it doesn't work...

Old Today, 07:55 PM

1,245 posts, read 374,858 times
Both sexes should try to date a variety of people. It is a good way to learn what you like, hate, or can tolerate. Hopefully you start the process early in life so by the time you hit your mid to late 20s you have an inkling of what characteristics appeal to you.

Old Today, 08:19 PM

7,489 posts, read 11,632,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Both sexes should try to date a variety of people. It is a good way to learn what you like, hate, or can tolerate. Hopefully you start the process early in life so by the time you hit your mid to late 20s you have an inkling of what characteristics appeal to you.
This...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or