U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:01 PM

4,323 posts, read 4,727,486 times

Advertisements

I’ve heard some people say playing the numbers game and hitting on anyone you find semi attractive kinda doesn’t make the person special because you’re willing to hit on almost anyone.

But at the same time if you’re not all that attractive waiting for some special chemistry with someone you get to know for awhile to fall into place which doesn’t happen often there’s still a chance that person isn’t gonna be attracted to you even if you hit it off.

Wouldn’t the most effective method be to just try with as many people as possible until you run into someone who’s attracted to you?

Old Today, 01:20 PM

9,113 posts, read 8,398,350 times
No.

It's not a numbers game because most people you ask aren't going to be interested, available and compatible, and you can't tell that by looking at them. You 'should' want to date someone you've interacted with, have determined there are things in common and there is a mutual attraction.

I also don't think playing the numbers game is a good idea for people whose self-esteem is tied to validation from others.

Old Today, 01:41 PM

773 posts, read 156,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
try with as many people as possible until you run into someone who’s attracted to you
Who doesn't do this already?

Old Today, 03:45 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,281,652 times
From a female perspective it is not a numbers game

Old Today, 04:32 PM

8,233 posts, read 6,072,411 times
Quote:
I’ve heard some people say playing the numbers game and hitting on anyone you find semi attractive kinda doesn’t make the person special because you’re willing to hit on almost anyone.

But at the same time if you’re not all that attractive waiting for some special chemistry with someone you get to know for awhile to fall into place which doesn’t happen often there’s still a chance that person isn’t gonna be attracted to you even if you hit it off.

Wouldn’t the most effective method be to just try with as many people as possible until you run into someone who’s attracted to you?
My take is "playing the numbers game" if nothing else, is to help you get out of your comfort zone and get used to talking to women. Also, the more you play (and intend to play), the more likely you are to find someone to date/be with. You also hopefully learn how to read body language.

Old Today, 04:48 PM

3,746 posts, read 1,465,030 times
thanks for reminding me about a friend in college.
our gang of guys were always amazed at his approach by "playing the numbers".
and yes, we tried to imitate his technique, but never reached his success rate.

story:
RF (his initials) would join us to drink beer on Thursday night (not any other night).
after 11PM, usually closer to 11:30, he would just get up and go to a table with girls.
there, he would introduce himself and ask, Point Blank, "who would like to $@#^&%$?"
of course, rejection and curses....BUT....around 12:30 one would agree, in a private conversation,
which took care of his weekend. yes, it did not always work. it did work often enough
so that i remember it and have now posted it publicly.

Old Today, 04:50 PM

38,337 posts, read 56,148,866 times
Playing any kind of games isn't a good approach...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Today, 06:34 PM

12,575 posts, read 10,002,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Who doesn't do this already?
Everyone I know. Because they know it just is not very nice. It is sort of quintessential (look it up) male douche-baggery.

Old Today, 06:48 PM

22,852 posts, read 29,013,740 times
From the female point of view, I have no interest in any man who goes through life trying to bed every female he encounters. If he thinks women are all interchangeable, I disagree that I am interchangeable with any other female and I expect to get more respect.

I've got no use for a (word we can't use here) hound.

Old Today, 06:49 PM

153 posts, read 28,435 times
Quote:

Uhh...no. Women are individuals not numbers. Stop...just seriously stop with these bs questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or