U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 PM

644 posts, read 336,661 times

Advertisements

Guys do like older women. They like the maturer body, as women age their bodies loosen and sag a bit but its surprising how many guys are attracted to this. Younger women have tight firm bodies, everything is toned and high, but with age people tend to gain weight and that means things get rounder, more womanly, softer, voluptuous. Secretly this is what a lot of men like. Im sure there might be personality factors too. Older women are less needy, more independent, less drama, more nurturing, well rounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 07:48 PM

1,954 posts, read 1,350,468 times
Best thing about dating a much older person is the younger person doesn't have to worry about finances too much. Usually the older person ends up footing the bill the majority of the time due to the fact he/she has had more time accumulating assets/wealth. I can't imagine any younger person dating a much older broke person.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:52 PM

216 posts, read 50,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
In the few months I was on OKC at age 36, the most typical age of man who messaged me was 27. To the point I was like, "Oh, another one." I wonder if there is something about age filters, less than ten years older or something like that...?...that caused this. Or maybe 27 year olds just really want to hook up with somewhat older women. I don't know.

Granted, 36 isn't really that old. I was just surprised I was hearing from so many guys of that age. I'd have expected them to be going for women their own age and younger, and men trying to chase after me, to be my age or older. But no.
Not mutually exclusive - they may have been going for younger women, too. "Playing the numbers game"

Old 08-06-2019, 08:02 PM

842 posts, read 703,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
....Older women are less needy, more independent, ...
This may perhaps clarify why, at least with me, older women are far less likely to flirt or even initiate contact than younger ones are.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
This may perhaps clarify why, at least with me, older women are far less likely to flirt or even initiate contact than younger ones are.
Its possible. I mean I do think younger women are in high demand. But they are at their peak socially. They want to be seen. They are dressing up and going out. Older women are usually staying home. The club scene is for 23 year olds. So they are just more out there and visible. Id feel very out of place going out to a club or bar now and Im 41. Even if I wanted to I just wouldnt. Nor do I do OLD. So if I met a guy now it would have to be organically.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:36 PM

5,375 posts, read 2,856,116 times
I’ve always said that if I were to become single again I would be interested in dating a woman 5-15 years older than me. Basically anywhere in their 40’s.

For me it’s far less to do about pure physical looks and more to do with maturity and emotional intelligence. Most people in my generation or younger irritate the hell out of me.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:09 PM

842 posts, read 703,910 times
Same here on organic meetings, and refusal to OLD.

I am too lazy to make deliberate efforts to meet women so my only day-to-day venues are the supermarket; coffee shops; workplaces (mine and clients); and possibly neighbors. But that covers a lot of ground.

Quote:
Its possible. I mean I do think younger women are in high demand. But they are at their peak socially. They want to be seen. They are dressing up and going out. Older women are usually staying home. The club scene is for 23 year olds. So they are just more out there and visible. Id feel very out of place going out to a club or bar now and Im 41. Even if I wanted to I just wouldnt. Nor do I do OLD. So if I met a guy now it would have to be organically.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:13 PM

5,020 posts, read 1,602,861 times
Quote:
This is perhaps true, and the guys therefore have to do more a little more work and probing in getting them interested, but it's worth it cause they are more mature, more care free, and less drama.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:15 PM

5,020 posts, read 1,602,861 times
Quote:
There is actually a night club where I live that is filled with older women in their 30s-40s, and younger guys are there, going for them. It has been dubbed 'the cougar club' where I live, although that's just the nickname for it.

But is possible for women to turn a club, into a cougar club, if they wanted to?

Old 08-06-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Same here on organic meetings, and refusal to OLD.

I am too lazy to make deliberate efforts to meet women so my only day-to-day venues are the supermarket; coffee shops; workplaces (mine and clients); and possibly neighbors. But that covers a lot of ground.
It does cover ground. I encounter single guys around my age often. Just got hit on the other day. If mutual attraction is there the rest should take care of itself. I like this, getting back to organic meetings and not forced atmospheres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships