U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 10:43 PM

230 posts, read 45,690 times

Advertisements

Why would you even see this guy after 7 years, huh? Just why? For "closure"? That's on you...smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 10:50 PM

79,395 posts, read 71,706,666 times
OP, you need to learn to recognize red flags in people's behavior, and to take them seriously. Otherwise, you could get yourself in some very bad situations. If something feels "off", trust your instincts, and cut off contact. Learn to trust your own perceptions.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:26 PM

447 posts, read 1,072,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Why would you even see this guy after 7 years, huh? Just why? For "closure"? That's on you...smh
I too am not sure why I decided to give us a 2nd chance. Yes he had ghosted me, but for that 1 month when we were connected, he was treating me nice back then. I thought he must have changed his mind now, must really be interested and matured. However, I shouldn't have agreed on meeting when I had taken the decision to move on.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:28 PM

447 posts, read 1,072,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, you need to learn to recognize red flags in people's behavior, and to take them seriously. Otherwise, you could get yourself in some very bad situations. If something feels "off", trust your instincts, and cut off contact. Learn to trust your own perceptions.
Yup, shouldn't have stepped back on my decision of not taking it further. I thought, things might be different and better in-person, but it was actually worst. I am even surprised on how did he suddenly decide to meet, when he was not talking over the phone for 2-3 weeks before the meeting.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:28 AM

4,370 posts, read 3,274,613 times
It sounds like he's bipolar. Anyway whatever is going on with him mentally, you definitely want no part of. Be happy that he ghosted you.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:34 AM

79 posts, read 30,048 times
Wow - can you imagine putting up with this, day after day, year after year? How about if you had children together and you felt trapped and still had to put up with the tantrums and verbal abuse? How long until he started physically abusing you and your children? Guys like this never change. Please OP, totally cut him off and do not answer one single call or text or email or message. You will be saving yourself a ton of heartbreak. Just move on.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 600 times
Lady, YOU are a nutcase!

Old Today, 09:51 AM

4,148 posts, read 7,439,574 times
We always appreciate follow up stories here on C-D but, dang! Iím not sure that nutcase was worth the time it took to write up the synopsis of your weekend with him.

Old Today, 10:31 AM

1,289 posts, read 553,802 times
I feel gross and creeped out when I read you met with him in person and kissed. Hope you didn't get herpes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or