U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:20 AM

11,150 posts, read 17,688,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Another thread about the engagement that hasn't happened yet? Really? Get engaged already!
I knew a couple whose annoying “pre-engagement” period went on for four years until she finally broke up with him. He loved talking about the ring he would (never) buy her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:18 AM

5,680 posts, read 8,274,875 times
Where's the OP been? I want to see what she thinks of what we said.

Old Today, 10:22 AM

14,808 posts, read 8,657,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
For what it's worth, I've heard of people choosing NOT to wear their engagement ring, if it's a big and fancy very expensive piece of jewelry. What I've heard they do instead, is to have a 'fake' one made, and they'll wear that instead. To each his/her own I would say.
I truly don't understand the reasoning behind buying a very expensive piece of jewelry only to hide it away so you can wear a fake, cheap piece in its place. The only exception is when traveling and being worried about loss or theft, but in other cases, if people are that concerned about it, just buy the cheap fake one and save thousands of dollars.

Old Today, 10:23 AM

14,808 posts, read 8,657,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
A friend of mine had her diamond engagement ring appraised after several years of marriage and the appraiser told her the diamond was a very nice CZ. Her husband was quite wealthy so it was odd he bought a fake ring. He insisted that he didn't know it was a CZ. He told her that he believed whoever cleaned the diamond ring had swapped out the real diamond for a CZ.
I call BS on the story and the husband.

Old Today, 12:00 PM

2,923 posts, read 5,079,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I call BS on the story and the husband.
Yeah, show me the sales receipt.

Old Today, 04:08 PM

16,210 posts, read 13,063,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I knew a couple whose annoying “pre-engagement” period went on for four years until she finally broke up with him. He loved talking about the ring he would (never) buy her.
OMG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or