U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:53 AM

214 posts, read 48,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolinne View Post
Hello!
However, I've noticed his location on the app is changing - when he went home, came back and now when he's on vacation.
The only way for you to notice this is if you, too, are still on Tinder...

Quote:
Then he said he was using it to see my pictures..
Plausible. Text him a picture or two (like your profile pics, nothing dirty lol).

If you want to be exclusive, ask him to agree to that and both of you delete your dating app(s). If not, it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:13 AM

7,695 posts, read 3,022,709 times
Quote:
Hello!
1.5 month ago I met a guy on Tinder. He was texting/calling me every day, organizing dates, etc. On our third date he showed something on his phone and I saw tinder notification.. On the next one we kissed, were holding hands, hugging, we was very affectionate. He started to talk about the future, where we can go in few months, about me meeting his friends, he said he's looking for serious relationship. However, I've noticed his location on the app is changing - when he went home, came back and now when he's on vacation. I started conversation about us and he said he is talking to and only seeing me. I asked about the app. He said he is using it just when he's bored, he can remove it, that he cares about me and his previous relationship failed because of lies and he doesn't want that again. Then he said he was using it to see my pictures.. It's been 1.5 and we didn't sleep with each other and were not exclsive but I feel like he lied to me saying he doesn't talk to anyone while he waa using Tinder.
Don’t YOU have to be using the app to know he’s using the app? You’re following his location?
As soon as a guy has one of these: “Gotcha! I was on the app and caught you on the app!” Moments...I’m done.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

This happened to me this week.

I made plans to meet someone for a drink. Later on, I had an alert that I have a message. I logged onto the app to read my message- as I’m reading my message- I get a new message, it’s from the guy I was just talking to about meeting.
He asked: “So have you found anyone else yet?”
I replied: “don’t do that, it’s kind of creepy.”
He replied: “I was just kidding!”

I don’t like people who do this, and I don’t believe they’re kidding, I think they already feel like they “took possession”, and so I usually just don't involved with them.

Old Today, 12:08 PM

5 posts, read 447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
This happened to me this week.

I made plans to meet someone for a drink. Later on, I had an alert that I have a message. I logged onto the app to read my message- as I’m reading my message- I get a new message, it’s from the guy I was just talking to about meeting.
He asked: “So have you found anyone else yet?”
I replied: “don’t do that, it’s kind of creepy.”
He replied: “I was just kidding!”

I don’t like people who do this, and I don’t believe they’re kidding, I think they already feel like they “took possession”, and so I usually just don't involved with them.
It's not about taking possession. Did you tell this person you are exclusive, you have feelings for her, that you want her to meet your friends and go to Spain in the spring? He told me these things and still looking so I think it's just lack of honesty.

Old Today, 12:12 PM

Quote:
It's not about taking possession. Did you tell this person you are exclusive, you have feelings for her, that you want her to meet your friends and go to Spain in the spring? He told me these things and still looking so I think it's just lack of honesty.
The point of honesty isn't to be on the app and accusing the other person of being on the app? What would you have done if he turned the tables on you, like I like to do and ask how you know he's still looking unless you are too? Would you reply that you only use it to keep tabs on him and his whereabouts? That doesn't sound any better...

Old Today, 01:37 PM

107 posts, read 594,153 times
So why is it OK for you to be on there, but not him? You still have the app too if you know his location is changing.

Old Today, 02:08 PM

2 posts
Quote:
Hello!
1.5 month ago I met a guy on Tinder. He was texting/calling me every day, organizing dates, etc. On our third date he showed something on his phone and I saw tinder notification.. On the next one we kissed, were holding hands, hugging, we was very affectionate. He started to talk about the future, where we can go in few months, about me meeting his friends, he said he's looking for serious relationship. However, I've noticed his location on the app is changing - when he went home, came back and now when he's on vacation. I started conversation about us and he said he is talking to and only seeing me. I asked about the app. He said he is using it just when he's bored, he can remove it, that he cares about me and his previous relationship failed because of lies and he doesn't want that again. Then he said he was using it to see my pictures.. It's been 1.5 and we didn't sleep with each other and were not exclsive but I feel like he lied to me saying he doesn't talk to anyone while he waa using Tinder.

Why not just bug his phone, gain access to the app and see what he is up to. that will safe you time, stress and unnecessary speculation about what he is up to with the app and all. Contact me if you need help with that. Some dude helped me when i had a cheater for a partner in my last relationship.

Old Today, 02:13 PM

5 posts, read 447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
So why is it OK for you to be on there, but not him? You still have the app too if you know his location is changing.
On Tinder you can hide your profile so it's not visible. Besides, I did not tell him all these stuff he told me.

Old Today, 06:41 PM

791 posts, read 457,468 times
you met on tinder and are only in early stages of dating, but you're concerned he's on tinder. how does that even make sense?

Old Today, 06:42 PM

791 posts, read 457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriefannin View Post
Why not just bug his phone, gain access to the app and see what he is up to. that will safe you time, stress and unnecessary speculation about what he is up to with the app and all. Contact me if you need help with that. Some dude helped me when i had a cheater for a partner in my last relationship.
that sounds kinda illegal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or