U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 06:09 AM

20 posts, read 5,179 times

Advertisements

So I think itís only me. But I cannot find a relationship to save my life. Iím super unlucky compared to everyone else.

Im almost 25 and never had a real relationship. I saw someone for a short amount of months and he wasnít my type, he was probably one of the only guys that came my way. But he seemed nice and we had things in common, so I went for it. He was not physically attractive and people I knew thought I could do better, yet he seemed to get women easily.

I've been on and off dating apps for years and I just cannot find a guy. Iím told Iím attractive and always thought my weight is what kept me single. But Iím thick and lost a good 70 lbs, yet Iím still unnoticed by guys. Iíve seen big women get approached and have dates so thatís not it.

Anytime I try to meet someone from online, it never works. Lack of connection, interest isnít mutual, things fade out, disagreements and I end talking to them etc.

I would love to meet people in person but I donít have friends and never used to get approached anyway. Anytime that Iíve been approached, it was by a guy I did not find attractive. Iím starting to wonder if Iím not as attractive as people say I am or if Iím cursed.

Im able to graduate college, move out and find a ďreal jobĒ YET canít find a man, what gives?

Old Today, 06:21 AM

12,736 posts, read 10,040,161 times
If I were you, I would start with friends. Interests.

Old Today, 06:30 AM

2,042 posts, read 989,138 times
Maybe you'll get completely different answers this time. It's been a few days, right?

Old Today, 06:31 AM

7,730 posts, read 4,951,426 times
First off, a relationship/boyfriend is not something to get, like groceries at the store or a doll off the shelf. It's a genuine connection and romantic association between two people.

Second: Stop worrying about what everyone else is getting. You have no clue what they have going on behind close doors. You may think they have what you want, but in truth they could be struggling or absolutely miserable.

Third: Being generally attractive means nothing if you can't connect emotionally. It doesn't guarantee anything. We cannot control how other people feel about us anymore than we can control whether we connect or not. It's out of our control.

Fourth: Focus more on being happy with yourself and just being social with people. Stop thinking there is a timeline for this sort of thing. Yes it may seem like everybody is in relationships and "getting guys" but for all you know its transactional, empty, etc. Some people have lower standards than others. Some people connect easier with others, that's just how it is. All you can do is live your life, take care of yourself, and be social.

Old Today, 07:59 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,364,362 times
You have several threads with the same question. The content of your posts screams desperate for attractive, according to your standards, male attention. Surely that desperation shows in your interaction with men. Men hate, and will sometimes use and abuse, desperate women.

Old Today, 08:39 AM

43,674 posts, read 42,316,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1194 View Post

I don’t have friends ...
This ^^^ is a problem. It sounds like you don't know how to relate to people in general?

I agree with Auraliea that you don't "find" a man or "get" a relationship. It's not an acquisition. It's a process, a human interaction, and it's continual.

You are way too wrapped up in your own self. You have to be actually interested in other people in order to relate and successfully interact with them.

If you walk around all the time thinking, "What's wrong with me? Why won't a man like me? What do you think about me? ME ME ME..." you will find that no one wants to be around YOU.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

1,016 posts, read 229,745 times
Quote:
he seemed to get women easily.
He's probably rich.
Quote:
lost a good 70 lbs,
Are you going to keep it off the rest of your life?
Quote:
what gives?
Lots of people are 25 and haven't found the right person - especially busy people who are in college with jobs. Takes time.

Old Today, 08:54 AM

79,174 posts, read 71,261,634 times
Quote:
So I think itís only me. But I cannot find a relationship to save my life. Iím super unlucky compared to everyone else.

Im almost 25 and never had a real relationship. I saw someone for a short amount of months and he wasnít my type, he was probably one of the only guys that came my way. But he seemed nice and we had things in common, so I went for it. He was not physically attractive and people I knew thought I could do better, yet he seemed to get women easily.

I've been on and off dating apps for years and I just cannot find a guy. Iím told Iím attractive and always thought my weight is what kept me single. But Iím thick and lost a good 70 lbs, yet Iím still unnoticed by guys. Iíve seen big women get approached and have dates so thatís not it.

Anytime I try to meet someone from online, it never works. Lack of connection, interest isnít mutual, things fade out, disagreements and I end talking to them etc.

I would love to meet people in person but I donít have friends and never used to get approached anyway. Anytime that Iíve been approached, it was by a guy I did not find attractive. Iím starting to wonder if Iím not as attractive as people say I am or if Iím cursed.

Im able to graduate college, move out and find a ďreal jobĒ YET canít find a man, what gives?
As I recall, we asked you on another of your threads, whether you get involved in group activities of various sorts, where you can meet guys over a shared interest of some kind (hobbies, volunteering, sports, classes/workshops, creative stuff), but you didn't respond. This is basic for people who are in your circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships