U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 02:32 PM

28 posts, read 6,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Could be spiteful thing. Maybe he dumped her or did something bad to her back in HS and she wishes him ill will.

But, we (CDF) won't know anything until he asks her about why she unfriended him.
Hopefully the original poster updates us.
No they never dated. He is a good fella. Nobody that knew him ever had anything bad to say about him. Not even her or myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 02:34 PM

741 posts, read 142,107 times
I agree with you OP it is not normal to be searching for someone like that for months on end through various websites. I want to know what the other theories are if it's not a crush. And it could well just be a crush, but a protracted one.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:35 PM

1,217 posts, read 315,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I agree with you OP it is not normal to be searching for someone like that for months on end through various websites. I want to know what the other theories are if it's not a crush. And it could well just be a crush, but a protracted one.

Maybe the original poster wants to find a swinging, swapping couple for herself and her husband!

Old 08-10-2019, 02:38 PM

Also, sorry to dominate your thread. I am thinking out loud, but if she had a grudge against this guy, would she be looking at him so frequently? I mean, I have had the odd grudge but not the kind that I actively nurse on a daily basis through various websites...that seems like taking it too far.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
The only time I've done a search as obsessive as that is when I've had a serious crush/been in love with someone.

You could ask her why she booted you off her Facebook
Seems like a crush to me. Maybe she wanted to friend him and need me out of the way so I wont know. You cannot see who is on her friends list if you are not a FB friend.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:40 PM

661 posts, read 342,558 times
OP what about his wife? Did she go to high school with you too?

Old 08-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post
Seems like a crush to me. Maybe she wanted to friend him and need me out of the way so I wont know. You cannot see who is on her friends list if you are not a FB friend.
Have you suspected/seen any other signs that she could be cheating with this person or is it just the internet searches?

Old 08-10-2019, 02:43 PM

661 posts, read 342,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post
She also could have made it so only you cant see her friends list, while keeping you a friend.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I knew a woman who was partnered up but obsessed with someone else and was cyber stalking him. In the end she was diagnosed with a delusional disorder (erotomania.)

This could very well be a romantic obsession. Unless your wife has been moonlighting as a PI, why would she be searching for months? Any other theories?
I can only say that she probably met up with him at some point.. Think about it! Why would you obsessively search for a guy for months on his FB and not developing some type of feelings for him? If I were searching for a female friend I admire I would be obsessively searching for her as well

Old 08-10-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Also, sorry to dominate your thread. I am thinking out loud, but if she had a grudge against this guy, would she be looking at him so frequently? I mean, I have had the odd grudge but not the kind that I actively nurse on a daily basis through various websites...that seems like taking it too far.
Exactly. Who would be obsessively stalking a person for a grudge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships