U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2019, 04:58 PM
 
696 posts, read 218,724 times
Reputation: 1922

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post
I dont know what to make of it whether it's harmless or something else is going on. We both share one laptop. So she went to sleep for the night and I went on the laptop. So I opened the screen and she forgot to log out of Facebook. So I went snooping through her searches and this guy's name kept popping up. I am familiar with him because we all went to high school together. They never dated before. But she has been searching his name(and his wife's) for months. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. She does not have him as a friend on Facebook but she is totally obsessed with searching this fella. Now I noticed that she has deleted me off her FB friends for no reason. I'm curious to know what is going on? Is it just harmless or maybe a possible affair is brewing?
Did she delete you from her friends' list before or after you'd snooped through her Facebook page?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2019, 06:35 PM
 
28 posts, read 8,313 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Did she delete you from her friends' list before or after you'd snooped through her Facebook page?
Before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 06:38 PM
 
877 posts, read 476,999 times
Reputation: 849
she internet stalking him. maybe its for a specific reason other than wanting a taste?

maybe he scorned her in the past?

or maybe she has a crush that she wont act on?

wont know until you ask her.
-------

even if it was an internet crush that she wont act on, some might consider it not as bad as viewing porn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 07:32 PM
 
9,096 posts, read 5,250,039 times
Reputation: 10358
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post
I can only say that she probably met up with him at some point.. Think about it! Why would you obsessively search for a guy for months on his FB and not developing some type of feelings for him? If I were searching for a female friend I admire I would be obsessively searching for her as well
You are really reaching here. Just ask her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 AM
 
1,449 posts, read 570,346 times
Reputation: 2652
She probably had a crush on him in high school, ran into him somewhere like Walmart recently and that old crush came back. Now she is googling him, trying to find out info about him. I know about these things. I have done it. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 11:32 AM
 
110 posts, read 595,393 times
Reputation: 92
I would start by asking her "Hey I happened to notice we're not friends on FB anymore. That's kind of odd, huh? Do you know what happened?"

Try to be cool about it and not accusatory. Don't bring the searches up until a later conversation. You'll need to feel this one out first and see where it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 11:40 AM
 
51 posts, read 15,711 times
Reputation: 191
More than likely she is having wild sex with him. There is no good reason for her to constantly search for any other man. Get ready to divorce her OP when the truth comes out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 01:00 PM
 
173 posts, read 35,945 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_0330 View Post
I dont know what to make of it whether it's harmless or something else is going on. We both share one laptop. So she went to sleep for the night and I went on the laptop. So I opened the screen and she forgot to log out of Facebook. So I went snooping through her searches and this guy's name kept popping up. I am familiar with him because we all went to high school together. They never dated before. But she has been searching his name(and his wife's) for months. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. She does not have him as a friend on Facebook but she is totally obsessed with searching this fella. Now I noticed that she has deleted me off her FB friends for no reason. I'm curious to know what is going on? Is it just harmless or maybe a possible affair is brewing?

The takeaway here is never share a laptop with your spouse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,981 posts, read 42,565,198 times
Reputation: 85028
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenCopeland View Post
The takeaway here is never share a laptop with your spouse
Right? This IS 2019 ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 01:54 PM
 
Location: SoCal again
16,184 posts, read 13,037,603 times
Reputation: 31682
I have been searching people but it doesn't mean I want sex with them. If you look into my history, once you get past the midget and granny porn, you may think I am obsessively looking for someone but I am not.

However, I would ask her directly why you aren't friends anymore on FB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top