U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:21 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,314,024 times

Advertisements

OP, your youth itself is definitely NOT a factor that keeps you from dating (significantly) older women. If your youth IS or CAN BE a factor then it's mainly in a way that women either perceive you and younger men in general (your "interest" in them) or the "image" that you DO project deliberately... and they simply avoid you because of such mentality.

Think of a guy's youth in the same manner as a woman's height (it does depend on age diggerence context, not on age itself, much like height should be observed in context of height difference).
In short, woman's height is not a drawback by itself, i.e. if you had a "dating event" for tall(er) women and men, even explicitly short(er) men to flock in numbers to pair off, you'd find out that the interest within (given) male demographics is not lacking... but you'd observe that a woman's tall stature somehow becomes a serious drawback!

Why is this important, you might ask?! Well, it's exactly the same with young(er) men and (significantly) older women. Reality is that the interest for such dating event would easily prove you that the interest among (given) female demographics to attend such events in attempt to pair off and form relationships with (significantly) younger man is NOT lacking.... while in reality you'll easily see that a guy's youth frequently becomes a serious drawback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:53 PM

734 posts, read 385,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Op, i hear what you're saying about older women. There are plenty...plenty of superbad, fine, traffic stopping women in their 40s plus. But, the problem is you are only 26. You have to compete with all of those men who are also in their 40s, take care of themselves, AND have their own stuff together (financially and otherwise). To many of those women, probably most, you are still a boy.

My advice, go for late 20s early 30s.
I appreciate the feedback, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'm 33. My first long-term girlfriend was 34/35 when I was 18. We were together for three years. It was fine most of the time, but she ended up cheating on me with a guy close to her own age.

Most of mine have been OLD. When I started college, there was a woman in her early 40s in one of my college classes I just had to have. It took awhile, but I was successful.
Interesting, so it did work for you for a while but not long-term. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I'm 37 and would for sure date someone OP's age or even younger long as they were cool. I always say my age range is between the age of legal consent and death. I'd probably prefer someone more in the middle of those extremes, but I don't believe in putting limits on it.

I also wouldn't have any problem hanging out with people of a different age group. I've hung out with people of the full age ranges, all the way from late teens to people in their 70s. I don't know, to me this doesn't seem like any big deal. People are people no matter when they were born. You can always find topics to connect with people over. Current events, travel, outdoor recreation, movies, etc.

I'm not big on the whole "Age difference causing a problem in relationships" belief. I guess maybe it does for some people, but it's just not the sort of thing I'd care about personally.

As far as how to meet older ladies... The same way you'd meet younger ones, I imagine. Go fun places, do fun things. As if older ladies don't enjoy hanging out in bars? I mean, I don't personally drink but that has nothing to do with my age. I just don't.

Older ladies are just living their lives same as anyone. It's more about your lifestyle and what you want to do for fun. Go do those things, whether they be the gym or yoga or traveling or art classes or whatever else. And of course there's always dating apps. All my single female friends in their 40s+ are on the apps, same as anyone.
Thank you, I also do not drink so bars are probably out. It would look lame me sitting there with a club soda.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree with this, for the most part. I did know a man who routinely dated/married women who were anywhere from 10-25 years older than him. He had difficulties and sort of needed a mother figure to take care of him. These women were basically his caretakers. I went out with him a few times but he was too irresponsible and child-like for being in his early 30s.
Yeah, I'm looking for a significant other, not a caregiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
OP, your youth itself is definitely NOT a factor that keeps you from dating (significantly) older women. If your youth IS or CAN BE a factor then it's mainly in a way that women either perceive you and younger men in general (your "interest" in them) or the "image" that you DO project deliberately... and they simply avoid you because of such mentality.

Think of a guy's youth in the same manner as a woman's height (it does depend on age diggerence context, not on age itself, much like height should be observed in context of height difference).
In short, woman's height is not a drawback by itself, i.e. if you had a "dating event" for tall(er) women and men, even explicitly short(er) men to flock in numbers to pair off, you'd find out that the interest within (given) male demographics is not lacking... but you'd observe that a woman's tall stature somehow becomes a serious drawback!

Why is this important, you might ask?! Well, it's exactly the same with young(er) men and (significantly) older women. Reality is that the interest for such dating event would easily prove you that the interest among (given) female demographics to attend such events in attempt to pair off and form relationships with (significantly) younger man is NOT lacking.... while in reality you'll easily see that a guy's youth frequently becomes a serious drawback!
Great points! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or