U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 02:06 PM

2,888 posts, read 1,839,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You're not wrong. I can't imagine any foster agency would place a child in his care.

If there is any reason he would be unfit to foster that would be abundantly evident. Something tells me OP is not interested in any child that isn't biologically his own anyways, especially after listing 'choosing the name' as one of the reasons he wants to be a dad.

I'm relieved that men who are incapable of finding a relationship are thusly rendered incapable of becoming parents. If someone can't figure out how relationships work, they probably aren't good parenting material either.

I'm just sharing my opinions.
Interesting. Do you also feel this way about women who "can't figure out how relationships work"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 04:41 PM

10,011 posts, read 3,839,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Interesting. Do you also feel this way about women who "can't figure out how relationships work"?
The OP stated he does not want a long term relationship with a woman. It's not that he's just an unlucky guy who couldn't find the right person to marry.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:54 PM

727 posts, read 133,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This is true. Men's fertility also declines with age. Although not as severely as women, but it does. Which is why most fertility clinics won't accept sperm donors over the age of 40.
Not just declining fertility with age, but the older a man is when he fathers a child, the more likely that child is to have genetic mutations, including some that cause various diseases/disorders/disabilities. I actually think this could be OP's "biological clock" ticking - it makes sense that mother nature would give men that drive to reproduce earlier on in life.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Not exactly your situation OP but was reminded of it. A former co-worker also had hoped to be a dad someday but after a nasty drawn out divorce (no kids) he was understandably hesitant. A recently-married lesbian couple he knew asked him if he'd father their child. It seems to have worked out really well. He now has a son he adores and is very involved with but there is no "relationship" with the mother. Everyone gets along and ended up with what they wanted. I don't know what if any financial support is involved but knowing all the parties suspect it's voluntary.
I know a lesbian who has a parenting arrangement with a guy (who is gay), he fathered the child and they conceived through artificial insemination (aka turkey baster)

She found him on coparent-match.com, I think it was.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If someone can't figure out how relationships work, they probably aren't good parenting material either.
I think that's quite prejudiced towards a younger guy who is single because it sounds like he wants to be? A bit different from someone who has 4 failed marriages under their belt or something.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:07 PM

14,496 posts, read 17,505,667 times
If men were not forced to pay child support these days and could pick and choose when they saw the kid, they'd all feel this way.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:08 PM

1,226 posts, read 299,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
A recently-married lesbian couple he knew asked him if he'd father their child.
Did he "do it" with one of them?

Old 08-11-2019, 05:33 PM

5,386 posts, read 2,865,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Women do it all the time. Men probably do too.

What about Big Brothers?
Sofa king this

Old 08-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Did he "do it" with one of them?
I think people usually do artificial insemination for these sorts of arrangements; the "turkey baster" method... it's called that but no one actually uses that, it's a disposable syringe thingy without the needle obviously

Old 08-11-2019, 08:36 PM

10,011 posts, read 3,839,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I think that's quite prejudiced towards a younger guy who is single because it sounds like he wants to be? A bit different from someone who has 4 failed marriages under their belt or something.
Well, should a woman breed for him and just hand over the baby to him, with no strings attached? It doesn't work that way. And it's not really ideal for a child to just have one parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or