U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:34 AM

32,149 posts, read 20,267,149 times

Advertisements

Duplicate thread topic from same poster.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Today, 08:41 AM

16,169 posts, read 12,987,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airekaaah View Post
I have been dating my boyfriend for almost a year, and next month it will be our one year anniversary. We’re in our late 20s: me 27 him 28. He is my first boyfriend and I am very much in love and happy with him. Despite this, he all of a sudden tells me that he wants to move to North Carolina and asked me to go with him. His reason behind the move is due to the fact that it is expensive to live where we are at now (we both live in California) and he wants to buy a big house with many rooms and a big backyard because at some point he wants to settle down. To add to that he tells me that he doesn't want to live just paycheck to paycheck while he is here in California if he does plan to buy a house. He works as a financial controller, and from what I know he would rather save money and by doing so would prefer going to another state where mortgage is cheaper and yet the pay for his job is still similar to that of what the rate is here in California. He even did his research and told me that there are a lot of healthcare administration jobs for me, around the area where he wants to move to in North Carolina.
i think your bf is very mature and makes total sense. He is trying to make himself and YOU a good future. He is tired of living paycheck to paycheck. He sounds reasonable and smart.

I think most people on this forum who do not live in CA don't know. But here at my work and amongst my friends we talk about it all the time - living in another state would be so much easier and cheaper. We could afford so much more with our money. I am thinking of moving all the time because I am tired of being a bottom feeder here.

You guys do not have kids and are free to do whatever you like and wherever. Especially if he earns the same over there as in CA. The average gas price in NC is $2.80/gallon. In CA it is $3.80.

I was just in Texas, the registration for my truck would be $80/year. I pay $670/year in CA ... and it is not getting cheaper, it gets worse.

Old Today, 11:29 AM

1,255 posts, read 381,043 times
Does he want to marry you first? If you are going to make a committment to move, you might want a commitment from him. Forget a long distance relationship.

Old Today, 11:42 AM

5,427 posts, read 4,355,065 times
Default Boyfriend wants to relocate and asked me to go with him. What should I do?

That's easy;

https://youtu.be/PVrEwCa8nSA

Old Today, 11:52 AM

2,147 posts, read 908,183 times
Your boyfriend's reasons for leaving don't make sense. A single guy is relocating to NC to buy a big house for when he settles down? Tell him you are staying put for now and if he goes he goes alone. That will tell you what your future is with him, whether you are more important to him than some impulse to get away from California. If he wanted to move to NYC for a financial opportunity, that would be something else. But to move for a potential house and lower cost of living makes no sense, because a lower cost of living often comes with less opportunity and lower salaries. Are you sure this isn't just a ploy to break up with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or