U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:58 AM

2,047 posts, read 993,043 times

Advertisements

I'd assume she accidentally sent you a response meant for one of the other guys.

Met her online? There are other guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:11 AM

12,384 posts, read 13,677,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I'd assume she accidentally sent you a response meant for one of the other guys.

Met her online? There are other guys.
NO! Say it ainít so BOB!

Who really knows what she is saying. If it isnít another guy then she is already coming acrossed as controlling and needy.

Time to cut her loose.

Old Today, 05:32 AM

3,818 posts, read 3,040,824 times
Did you two have plans to actually meet at some point?

Old Today, 05:57 AM

4,979 posts, read 1,534,464 times
Not a good reason to block. Just explain the situation like you did here.

If she gets all crazy after explaining then, yeah, block her.

Old Today, 06:23 AM

12,821 posts, read 10,065,150 times
What do you hope to achieve? You don't need a "good reason" to communicate or not. But understanding what you are trying to achieve would be helpful.

Old Today, 06:48 AM

7,743 posts, read 3,040,181 times
Isnít this what dating is for? Finding compatible communication styles is good, there may be some adjustments to be made.

I donít get the blocking part of your thoughts, is she harassing you and thatís the only way to control it?

Old Today, 09:08 AM

441 posts, read 1,062,981 times
Probably she wants to talk more over the phone. You may give her benefit of doubt and clarify it once if you are interested, else leave it. I agree it's bit too early for her to set such expectations from you. Chances are she asked you that to check if you are really serious or not since with online dating some people just contact each other for time pass or are not interested in anything beyond texting, so she might have confused you with such guys.

I am a woman and have came across these guys who kept texting for 5 months and were not getting ready or had some or the other excuses when it was time for IRL meet. I came across another guy recently who came across as strong interested, called me almost everyday for initial 2 weeks and then his calls dropped to once or twice a week and that too 2-5mins calls. He canceled our meeting plans and I had to ask him the same question. But this was after 6th week when I asked him.

I came across few articles online where some people consider the term "needy" as bad, but for some other it says that the person is interested and hence wants to communicate more.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

79,199 posts, read 71,350,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Don't try to be clever here.

If you're even kind of into her, give her the benefit of the doubt that you would want from her, and just explain things. Tell her you were traveling and the texting flow might be off from what you had been doing but that you like chatting with her.

Or block her and be "that guy" in her past.
Oh, good grief! (I agree, BB) OP, just ask her if she got your texts for the last several days when you were out of town. You could even say, "I'm confused, too. I've been texting you every day while I was out of town, except Sunday. Did you get my texts?"

And leave it at that. Ball in her court. If she doesn't respond, let her go, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or