U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 08:17 AM

7,816 posts, read 3,062,565 times

Advertisements

It completely depends on the woman, all women do not react the same— and have the same thoughts! I can’t say what a woman is going to expect, unless I know the woman... such a strange question.

I would think this is all about him, if this is what he likes— fine. If he asked me to join him, great! Good times. I don’t have to decide anything based on this. My after dinner behavior has never had anything to do with the price of the dinner, but only the chemistry with my dining companion.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:17 AM

13,049 posts, read 10,112,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
People obviously do dine out at very expensive restaurants, right? So, it was a simple question about whether this was appropriate to do on a date.

Say that a man is attracted to a woman and wants to make her feel very special. That kind of a situation. For a man who makes a 6-figure income, spending a few hundred dollars on dinner for a special lady isn't that big of a deal.
I make a six figure income. It is a big deal to me.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I make a six figure income. It is a big deal to me.
We donít all have the same priorities though. I have a habit of spending way more on entertainment than a lot of people I know.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:29 AM

193 posts, read 39,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think you'd make a woman feel special by knowing her and gearing your efforts toward something she'd like.
"I'll take excellent points for 500, Alex" ^

Op, if you REALLY want to make her feel like a special lady, why don't you just ask her what her favorite restaurant is and treat her? She can eat her favorite dish and drinks all at a place she likes. And, it's probably gonna be a whole lot less than $200 for one freakin entree.

How do you even know she'll like the food at this overpriced restaurant? Ask her where she would like to eat.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 AM

2,396 posts, read 836,977 times
I used to bypass the profiles of guys whose interests included "fine dining on the Plaza" (very upscale shopping area here). I could afford that level of dining and still pay the mortgage but it's not a priority of mine. (Flying to Europe in the pointy end of the plane IS.) I would not want the guy to pick up the check every time no matter how loaded he is and neither would I want to alternate picking up the check for extremely expensive restaurant meals.

I agree with the OP finding out what this particular lady likes. I wouldn't find dinner at a restaurant with $200 entrees a plus in a relationship.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:50 AM

56,908 posts, read 55,227,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
All women do not think alike. Some will assume it's just dinner. Some will think you expect sex even if the dinner is only 20 dollars.
Made me remember a coworker from long ago telling us how her "man" came to her apartment with a six-pack and a bucket of fried chicken and stayed over.

She wasn't an expensive date at all!

Old 08-15-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Made me remember a coworker from long ago telling us how her "man" came to her apartment with a six-pack and a bucket of fried chicken and stayed over.

She wasn't an expensive date at all!
With the right guy, Iíd love that!

Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM

2,895 posts, read 1,844,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
$200 per plate? So like, $400 total for 2 people? Do places like that actually exist? Because I can't imagine anyone wanting to go to a place like that voluntarily.
Of course they do, I've been to several in the D.C. area (Minibar and Pineapple and Pearls). Of course these are tasting menus, and they consist of anywhere from eight to sixteen courses with wine pairing. I don't go to these places often obviously, but it's a nice splurge and aside from travel and going to concerts I don't spend much money on other things.

As for the original question, as many others here are saying it depends on the woman as always. My g/f enjoys it too. I definitely would not go to these places on a first or even second date, but later on sure. I've never believed anything is a guarantee for "intimacy".

Old 08-15-2019, 09:27 AM

7,255 posts, read 4,708,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
We don’t all have the same priorities though. I have a habit of spending way more on entertainment than a lot of people I know.
Right!? Like I was telling my husband last night, we all determine what holds value, meaning, purpose, etc. I’d pay $500 for a top of the line authentic cosplay costume. My husband and I collect Hot Toys figures that are known to cost several hundred dollars and then some and I’ve paid a few hundred on custom lightsabers. I’ll pay a pretty sum for the things I like. I’m looking at spa day packages for my birthday coming up and packages at some of the spas downtown run $300+ for a one hour luxury facial and one hour massage of my choice. But I’ll pay it. I *could* do my own facial and get cheaper massage elsewhere, but that’s not what I want to pay for.

It’s fine if priorities don’t line up. We all have our own taste, priorities, and preferences. I don’t currently live anywhere offering two and three star Michelin Guide luxury dining experiences. I’d have to travel 80 miles to SF to get that kind of experience, and the men in my dating pool were the type to suggest a nice place to eat, say, Ruth’s Chris or Brazilian BBQ, so a $400 tab would definitely be outside the norm for me, and I’d raise an eyebrow at first, but hey, if he has the money to spend on such an experience, hypothetically speaking, I’m game.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:32 AM

8,370 posts, read 6,120,950 times
To the original question, yes, she will think I have one thing on my mind...wondering how I'm going to pay the rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or