U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:05 PM

7,815 posts, read 3,062,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think you meant subjective rather than objective but yeah.
I don't know, I use objective because it seems to denote a decision without the subjective emotion. I don't put a lot of thought into that kind of thing, "why am I doing this" "what will anyone else think" "what could this money be spent on" ... Just as I don't question other people's choices in entertainment. Yes, it's more of an event IMO.

Old Today, 04:20 PM

9,977 posts, read 6,217,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, I'm curious about how people would react to this. Suppose you are having dinner with a woman at a 5-star restaurant where the entrees are $200.

Is she going to think you are doing this only because you want guaranteed intimacy from her?
$200 entrées? My wife would kick my ass if I spent that much money on a date.

That's bad money management.

Old Today, 04:24 PM

7,566 posts, read 8,784,635 times
Why is it so difficult for some to just answer the OP's question? It's a yes or no answer.

He didn't ask opinions on how much he (or a man) should or should not spend on a dinner date. He didn't disclose his (or the man's) net worth. He gave a specific example and asked a specific question.

I assume an adult who asks another adult on a dinner date can afford to take their date to whatever restaurant they choose. It's not up to the female (in this example) to worry about if the guy can or should spend money on their evening. It's actually none of her business unless she's expecting or is expected to pay for part of the meal.

Some women will think the guy is expecting sex, other women won't. Some women will be super-impressed, others won't.

Old Today, 04:27 PM

1,343 posts, read 320,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Why is it so difficult for some to just answer the OP's question? It's a yes or no answer.

He didn't ask opinions on how much he (or a man) should or should not spend on a dinner date. He didn't disclose his (or the man's) net worth. He gave a specific example and asked a specific question.

I assume an adult who asks another adult on a dinner date can afford to take their date to whatever restaurant they choose. It's not up to the female (in this example) to worry about if the guy can or should spend money on their evening. It's actually none of her business unless she's expecting or is expected to pay for part of the meal.

Some women will think the guy is expecting sex, other women won't. Some women will be super-impressed, others won't.
Most of us won't be super impressed....just about all couples eventually go to an expensive restaurant on ONE date....& for the first or second date, it's kinda common??!?

Old Today, 04:40 PM

7,566 posts, read 8,784,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Most of us won't be super impressed....just about all couples eventually go to an expensive restaurant on ONE date....& for the first or second date, it's kinda common??!?
His question was if the woman would think a man who took her to such an expensive place was only after "intimacy."

Old Today, 04:43 PM

1,343 posts, read 320,673 times
Quote:
His question was if the woman would think a man who took her to such an expensive place was only after "intimacy."
Yes....& I answered that..........by saying that we wouldn't.....unless if he was going to stare at her or not make conversation like a normal date would............

Also....by it being "kinda common" for a date or two....I was answering it that way too.............

Old Today, 05:13 PM

7,815 posts, read 3,062,565 times
Quote:

Thanks. It turned into another judge-fest. Maybe a poll would've been better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or