Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 03:31 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
I have a feeling the OP is talking about stupid dating apps. In that case, I think taking first dates to a super fancy restaurant is a bad financial decision. Way too many women use these apps to get free meals. We're talking lining up "dates" every night of the week, taking advantage of poor dudes like the OP. .
Do you have proof that tons of women use dating apps to get free meals? I did online dating for at least a year and very few men do dinner on the first date. Very few. It's mostly coffee or a beer. And most women I know are well capable of affording their own food to eat. They aren't starving to death waiting for a man to feed them.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:59 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Do you have proof that tons of women use dating apps to get free meals? I did online dating for at least a year and very few men do dinner on the first date. Very few. It's mostly coffee or a beer. And most women I know are well capable of affording their own food to eat. They aren't starving to death waiting for a man to feed them.
No dinner date here either. Oh wait. Except the one I paid for.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:11 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, I'm curious about how people would react to this. Suppose you are having dinner with a woman at a 5-star restaurant where the entrees are $200.

Is she going to think you are doing this only because you want guaranteed intimacy from her?

If you're taking a woman to a restaurant like that in your first few dates, you are a rank amateur.

Restaurants like that are for special occasions. Anniversaries. Birthdays. Promotions. Popping the question. Things like that. Not trying to impress a woman. The only thing it does is raise eyebrows and suspicions.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:24 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
So, I'm curious about how people would react to this. Suppose you are having dinner with a woman at a 5-star restaurant where the entrees are $200.

Is she going to think you are doing this only because you want guaranteed intimacy from her?
I only made it to page 3 of replies but my answer is NO. I'm curious as to why people are questioning your question or your choice of locations.

Apparently, I'm not representative of most women. Well, I knew that already. I actually used to be a call-girl but I wouldn't assume this about you. My life's experience has left me with a very high opinion of men. I'll continue reading the rest of the thread now.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
So, no woman is going to be flattered that you took her to a classy and expensive restaurant?

Hmm... Sounds kind of fishy to me.
YES ... of course, I would be. WTF is going on here? I feel like a little grey alien or something

Old 08-19-2019, 04:40 PM

Whew, finally made it to page 17 & it's confirmed: I must be an alien.

I would be flattered & I wouldn't presume anyone had expectations.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
If you're taking a woman to a restaurant like that in your first few dates, you are a rank amateur.

Restaurants like that are for special occasions. Anniversaries. Birthdays. Promotions. Popping the question. Things like that. Not trying to impress a woman. The only thing it does is raise eyebrows and suspicions.
This.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:50 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Quote:

You can stop at your a man so literally only one thing on your mind regardless of mcds or French laundry.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Whew, finally made it to page 17 & it's confirmed: I must be an alien.

I would be flattered & I wouldn't presume anyone had expectations.
Sorry you don’t get to be the alien. I don’t agree with you all of the time, but I see your point here. I’ve been on a lot of dinner dates, I’ve never had to give it up for prime rib or catch of the day. When the menu says: “ask” instead of listing the price, I know it’s not going to be $6.99.

It’s flattering. It’s very nice, I say thank you.

I was going to eat dinner anyway, so if I decide I’m inviting a guy and paying, I don’t expect him to be in tiptop performance after that 5 course meal, either —it’s just dinner for chrissakes.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:23 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

You are projecting your socioeconomic class on someone else. Someone high income taking a dinner date in a high end NYC restaurant could be like me taking someone to an Olive Garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships