U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 01:13 PM

3,825 posts, read 3,044,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I always wonder why people hyper-focus on the wrong thing. She was an opinionated, controlling *****. But the REAL problem was that she was a "health nut".
Well, I focused on it because not only was she rude, she was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 01:25 PM

12,906 posts, read 10,078,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Well, I focused on it because not only was she rude, she was wrong.
Oh I was spinning off your reply, like agreeing with the wtfish nature of your response. Not disagreeing with you. Because it was. Wrong that is.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:26 PM

6,985 posts, read 2,510,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Same, I'm not a fan of dating vegans, they sure go on about it and before long everything starts to revolve around their diet.

I have a good friend who's vegan. While she often talks about her "adventures in Vegan", she's never been pushy about forcing it on me, or anyone that I've ever noticed. But oddly...other people often give her grief about it.

She has cousins that own a jewelry store. So one day, she and I were in the jewelry store, just looking at the pretty things. One of her cousins, upon being introduced to me, says "Make Nancy eat a burger". That seemed rude to me. I asked her about it later. She just laughed and said her cousin was silly, and was just teasing.

I figured "Well, if she's fine with it, I guess I am too." lol

Old 08-14-2019, 03:29 PM

43,694 posts, read 53,033,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I always wonder why people hyper-focus on the wrong thing. She was an opinionated, controlling *****. But the REAL problem was that she was a "health nut".
Exactly.

I know "health nuts" who keto and crossfit 7 days a week who would not have acted like this lady at all.

This lady was coo coo for coco puffs.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:42 PM

14,989 posts, read 12,418,572 times
I would have got half a pie instead of the green beans to appease her.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:50 PM

38,531 posts, read 56,332,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsdad View Post
i go out to dinner with someone i met and i thought she seemed nice...until i order my meal. Outback steakhouse and i order a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. Omg she squeals, you can't do that, you ordered three starches! Wtf? I just look at her. Then, she tells the waitress, he wants a salad instead of green beans. I am speechless.
Then i get the lecture that always lights me up... A man your age shouldn't eat like that and goes on to tell me how i should eat. The bottom of my 22 ouncer came fast.

Normally i would have paid and walked but i was hungry. So i decide to see if i can **** her off. I tell her i am a grown man and can eat what i want. She goes on a tirade about healthy eating. I laugh. When dinner is over and we are walking out, she says, next time i am taking you someplace healthy. Hahaha i say, sorry honey, there will not be a next time. Oh, why not, just because i told you you don't eat healthy? I say yes, have a nice night and hop in the car.

To make the night better she is still belittling me about my eating habits while i am driving away. I have dated healthy eaters before but they have never tried to shove it down my throat like this one.

Any other guys here experienced this? I generally try to stay away from anyone who claims to go to the gym 7 days a week or i know eats nuts and berries because i know there will be a problem. Even though i am a thin guy, they always tell me i should eat healthy and work out. Geez.
attaboy!!!!!

I know a guy who would do that.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:01 PM

5,596 posts, read 2,424,821 times
What a frigging nut case. Lawd.

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
Status: "Now I know how Joan of Arc felt ..." (set 9 days ago)

531 posts, read 163,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I would have got half a pie instead of the green beans to appease her.

I would have ordered one of the "Death by Chocolate" or "Chocolate Volcano" cakes/brownies for dessert.
And "two forks, please".

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

12,906 posts, read 10,078,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
I would have ordered one of the "Death by Chocolate" or "Chocolate Volcano" cakes/brownies for dessert.
And "two forks, please".
I Love This Post. If you are a drinker, add 2 Irish coffees with extra whipped cream.

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

40,691 posts, read 40,256,833 times
This story seems a little over-the-top to me. I can't imagine people in real life acting like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships