U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 06:58 PM

856 posts, read 707,764 times

Advertisements

Question Number One from me, to any potential date, is: "What is your diet?"

And I like what you did here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
...I have dated healthy eaters before but they have never tried to shove it down my throat ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 07:10 PM

944 posts, read 260,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I agree that in the OP's case it's not the woman's eating habits that are a problem- it's her need to control.
Yeah she likes feeling high and mighty and trying to change others. If it were truly about compatibility, she'd be careful to filter dates for compatible eating styles ahead of time. It's not that hard and there are plenty of healthy eaters out there.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:41 PM

8 posts, read 1,792 times
Went to The Outback and didn't order a blooming onion (I can't do that)? lol Hope she didn't ruin your meal too much.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:50 PM

10,040 posts, read 3,854,796 times
She'll figure it out when you don't call her again.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:47 AM

2,362 posts, read 827,549 times
You got me curious- I've never been to an Outback and I just checked the menu. They DO like everything fried and cheesy, don't they? I found a few things on the seafood menu that I'd eat- no need for drama at all.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Status: "Now I know how Joan of Arc felt ..." (set 10 days ago)

531 posts, read 166,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
How did they make it to girlfriend status? That sort of behaviour is really annoying!

In both cases, a pretty face and a cute butt made that behavior tolerable but only for a couple of weeks.

Curiously, I now live in a city where those eating habits are practically the norm. But I can still get a good burger from any number of establishments.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:22 PM

3,825 posts, read 3,047,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Plain salad, glass of ice water. Even at outback.
Surely when OP invited her to Outback she didn't expect him to choose this for his meal.

Old 08-16-2019, 04:05 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,628,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I go out to dinner with someone i met and i thought she seemed nice...until i order my meal. Outback Steakhouse and I order a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. OMG she squeals, you can't do that, you ordered three starches! WTF? I just look at her. Then, she tells the waitress, he wants a salad instead of green beans. I am speechless.
Then i get the lecture that always lights me up... a man your age shouldn't eat like that and goes on to tell me how i should eat. The bottom of my 22 ouncer came fast.

Normally i would have paid and walked but i was hungry. So i decide to see if i can **** her off. I tell her i am a grown man and can eat what i want. She goes on a tirade about healthy eating. I laugh. When dinner is over and we are walking out, she says, next time i am taking you someplace healthy. Hahaha I say, sorry honey, there will not be a next time. Oh, why not, just because i told you you don't eat healthy? I say yes, have a nice night and hop in the car.

To make the night better she is still belittling me about my eating habits while I am driving away. I have dated healthy eaters before but they have never tried to shove it down my throat like this one.

Any other guys here experienced this? I generally try to stay away from anyone who claims to go to the gym 7 days a week or I know eats nuts and berries because I know there will be a problem. Even though I am a thin guy, they always tell me I should eat healthy and work out. Geez.
Health nuts, religious nuts, just a nut... usually show their true colors fairly quickly. Just trial and error.

Old 08-16-2019, 04:39 PM

12,183 posts, read 7,468,124 times
Yeah, somebody trying to tell me how I need to eat, like that...just as bad as someone trying to push religion on me during a date. @rescuerdeme, that's an apt comparison.

If someone tried to overrule my order at a restaurant, there would NOT be another date. If I need help with my diet, I will freakin' ask for it.

I've encountered adults who tried to shame or bully or even trick me into changing my eating habits to suit what they thought I should be eating and I do not take too kindly to it. I could look at it with some amusement from this one couple because I am still very close to them, and I've somewhat reassured them that "You know, my body is very healthy, I have no weight issues, no cholesterol issues, good blood pressure, and so on...I'm not sure I really need this intervention from you." They have chilled out about it. Though I still get wild looks of astonishment at my food choices when we go eat out. My friend will be sitting there nibbling her lettuce and I'll be tucking into my fried egg, bacon, gouda bison burger with bacon cheese fries on the side, and she'll shyly ask me for a bite, "just a little" and eat it like she's a bad, bad girl. I mean, the way she eats this bite of "naughty" food is like something off a commercial. The kind that used sex to sell burgers. You know. So...yeah. People are so weird about food.

Another guy, who was an old friend (that I left behind with my ex's social circles) used to get furious if anyone at the table failed to clean their plate. Like...angry. But he is also overweight, so...I'll pass on his lecture about starving children. Got enough of that growing up. If I'm full, I'm done.

Old 08-16-2019, 04:43 PM

10,040 posts, read 3,854,796 times
Reminds me of a low carb freak I know who gets mad if someone else orders bread at the restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships