U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 04:57 PM
Status: "Now I know how Joan of Arc felt ..." (set 15 days ago)

545 posts, read 170,845 times

Advertisements

Never any doubt if someone belongs to one of these groups: vegetarians or atheists.

Because they'll be sure to let you know right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 09:48 PM

709 posts, read 317,712 times
I have a co-worker that another co-worker suggested I ask out. I didn't tell this person, but this woman is too skinny (she's a vegan). I could never date someone that I couldn't go out to eat with. Women whose weight are two digits are not my thing, and of course, dating co-workers is a nightmare.

Old 08-16-2019, 10:10 PM

3,623 posts, read 1,667,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Never any doubt if someone belongs to one of these groups: vegetarians or atheists.

Hey! I'm an atheist, and I never bring it up unless someone asks me directly. Even then, I self-identify as "secular" or "non-religious". Which most people easily shrug off. At least in my area. God (ha!) help me if I say that in Kentucky or Mississippi.

When I talk to people who I know are judgmental of atheists, I use my former religion as a cover, and say I'm Jewish.

I know a handful of people who are vegetarians (not vegans); most of them are Indian (where vegetarianism is somewhat cultural). They're pretty "whatever" about my choice to eat meat, and I return the favor by not talking about how meat tastes.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-16-2019 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 11:06 PM

9,770 posts, read 5,485,968 times
No one is going to lecture me about anything.... There wouldn't be another date or further contact.

There are a few people I have dated and dined with who are health nuts and watch closely their figure... And we still manage to enjoy dinner without the lecture... Some even enjoy just to explore new restaurants and cuisines.

I am a foodie... Love to explore and love to cook and share.. It's about as close to intimacy as you can get without it. My wife is finicky, doesn't explore, doesn't like to cook... Maybe that's why we are separated.. Lol... Nah. She at least likes good authentic Italian.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:26 AM

1,091 posts, read 369,791 times
I watch my food because I have addiction issues (and it's pours over into my food choices). But my husband is a human garbage disposal - he'll eat anything! It's awe inspiring, and I don't judge him for it. In fact, my sister and I often ask him to eat something crazy from a menu because it's crazy and we could never eat it!

At restaurants, I prefer to enjoy my meal and will eat something I find super delicious. Plus french fries!

Oh, and most of my friends have some sort of eating restriction. We will sometimes discuss our foods or eating situations, but no one judges someone else's food choices. (and it's often helpful to know when someone else is allergic to something or a certain type of food is off their diet!)

ETA: This women is bonkers, and I 100% agree with the no second date. Good call!

Old 08-17-2019, 07:20 AM

5,629 posts, read 2,407,845 times
When I was single, I dated a woman who, I learned several dates in, was a model. She had moved home from Europe to take care of her dad after her mom died. On our fourth date, she asked if I wanted to see her portfolio. As it turns out she had been on the cover of Elle, Italian Vogue, and several other fashion mags. I was literally dating a cover girl.

But after a few months, I just couldn't do it any more. Why? Despite all her sweetness and fun, every meal was a complete ordeal, a combination of self-doubt about what she was eating and sly judgments about what I was eating.

30-odd years later, I'm still alive. My vital signs and my BMI are perfectly good for a man my age. And I sure as hell have enjoyed dinners with my wife a lot more than I would have had I married that other girl.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:21 AM

5,629 posts, read 2,407,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post

How do you know if someone is a vegetarian or an atheist? Wait five minutes. They'll tell you.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:14 AM

1,091 posts, read 369,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
How do you know if someone is a vegetarian or an atheist? Wait five minutes. They'll tell you.
And only 5 second for a vegan to announce themselves....

Old 08-17-2019, 09:01 AM

1,608 posts, read 528,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I go out to dinner with someone i met and i thought she seemed nice...until i order my meal. Outback Steakhouse and I order a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. OMG she squeals, you can't do that, you ordered three starches! WTF? I just look at her. Then, she tells the waitress, he wants a salad instead of green beans. I am speechless.
Then i get the lecture that always lights me up... a man your age shouldn't eat like that and goes on to tell me how i should eat. The bottom of my 22 ouncer came fast.

Normally i would have paid and walked but i was hungry. So i decide to see if i can **** her off. I tell her i am a grown man and can eat what i want. She goes on a tirade about healthy eating. I laugh. When dinner is over and we are walking out, she says, next time i am taking you someplace healthy. Hahaha I say, sorry honey, there will not be a next time. Oh, why not, just because i told you you don't eat healthy? I say yes, have a nice night and hop in the car.

To make the night better she is still belittling me about my eating habits while I am driving away. I have dated healthy eaters before but they have never tried to shove it down my throat like this one.

Any other guys here experienced this? I generally try to stay away from anyone who claims to go to the gym 7 days a week or I know eats nuts and berries because I know there will be a problem. Even though I am a thin guy, they always tell me I should eat healthy and work out. Geez.

You canít fix stupid. Good to find out to walk away before it got too complicated to get out of it.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:13 AM

23,753 posts, read 33,668,579 times
I think you ran across a super controlling woman who just happened to be a health nut rather than a health nut who is controlling because she is super health conscious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships