U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 06:35 AM

6 posts, read 457 times

Advertisements

That's why I prefer my self to be a single now relationship sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 06:51 AM

5,551 posts, read 2,986,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I go out to dinner with someone i met and i thought she seemed nice...until i order my meal. Outback Steakhouse ...
She cannot possible be a real health nut if she agreed to go on a date with a guy to Outback. Yes, I agree--you did not order three starches. I would call her a controlling nut case and not a health nut.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:07 AM

2,658 posts, read 2,347,807 times
Quote:
I go out to dinner with someone i met and i thought she seemed nice...until i order my meal. Outback Steakhouse and I order a steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. OMG she squeals, you can't do that, you ordered three starches! WTF? I just look at her. Then, she tells the waitress, he wants a salad instead of green beans. I am speechless.
Then i get the lecture that always lights me up... a man your age shouldn't eat like that and goes on to tell me how i should eat. The bottom of my 22 ouncer came fast.

Normally i would have paid and walked but i was hungry. So i decide to see if i can **** her off. I tell her i am a grown man and can eat what i want. She goes on a tirade about healthy eating. I laugh. When dinner is over and we are walking out, she says, next time i am taking you someplace healthy. Hahaha I say, sorry honey, there will not be a next time. Oh, why not, just because i told you you don't eat healthy? I say yes, have a nice night and hop in the car.

To make the night better she is still belittling me about my eating habits while I am driving away. I have dated healthy eaters before but they have never tried to shove it down my throat like this one.

Any other guys here experienced this? I generally try to stay away from anyone who claims to go to the gym 7 days a week or I know eats nuts and berries because I know there will be a problem. Even though I am a thin guy, they always tell me I should eat healthy and work out. Geez.
I'm surprised she didn't try pressuring you into mixing Young Living or that DoTerra garbage EO with your food. She sounds like she's a few cans short of a six pack. You dodged a nuclear missile.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:54 AM

16,194 posts, read 13,050,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
How do you know if someone is a vegetarian or an atheist? Wait five minutes. They'll tell you.
So not true. It's vegetarians and religious people, mostly Jewish.

Especially comedians. They always have to point out in their opening line that they are Jewish, as if anyone cares.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:34 PM

905 posts, read 482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
She cannot possible be a real health nut if she agreed to go on a date with a guy to Outback. Yes, I agree--you did not order three starches. I would call her a controlling nut case and not a health nut.
maybe she considered herself to be a blooming onion and he's a cheesy tater tot?

Old 08-23-2019, 11:36 PM

905 posts, read 482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbeck007 View Post
That's why I prefer my self to be a single now relationship sucks.
I thought that was the good part?

Old 08-24-2019, 06:49 PM

176 posts, read 35,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Same, I'm not a fan of dating vegans, they sure go on about it and before long everything starts to revolve around their diet.
My cousin is a vegan & obsessed about it. Luckily, his nuttiness hasn't infected my aunt.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:59 PM

14,503 posts, read 17,549,301 times
Quote:
Even though I am a thin guy, they always tell me I should eat healthy and work out. Geez.

Same here, except I'm a woman. I run from men who try to shove their way of eating or working out on me too. Go somewhere else with that.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:00 PM

738 posts, read 254,646 times
Well , my ex was vegan and although she was mostly a sweetheart , l could always feel the looks and thoughts none the less , even if she kept her trap shut.
Can't say as l regret it in that way, not working out. l really can not stand health nuts or any other kind of fanatical bs. It'd be ok if it was genuinely live and let live , but it never is with people like that even if they do manage to keep it shut.

Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

1,746 posts, read 1,274,720 times
Who goes to Outback Steakhouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships