U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 07:52 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,344,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
General themes I'm seeing here.

Let a man pay for everything:

She's letting him be a man
she's being controlled
she's being a freeloader
he's being a gentleman
he's being a push over
he/she's being traditional.

Woman offers to or pays half:

She's being considerate of the man's finances
she's not truly interested
she's trying too hard to assert her independence
he's cheap
he's not a real man, etc.

Can't seem to win or lose, so just do what you want.

Thing is that all of those could be anywhere on the absolutely true to absolutely false spectrum and it also varies whether people do certain thing/gesture:
1. Out of a principle,
2. Because that's what they were taught (by family or other social environment),
3. Due of opportunism
4. Because of something else
5. A combination of any or every thing mentioned above

Anything that one might do could be misinterpreted but the whole "hostile attitude" is usually the result of something else and when someone is hostile towards you from a get-go .... Then it's easy and common to interpret anything you do in a manner that would make them jaded..

So there's lots of truth in what you said in the end. It's all up to you and "you do you" is the common and safest bet in attempt to find what you want, even if it isn't optimal in some scenarios!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 07:56 AM

18,368 posts, read 20,425,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Maybe in your world. Not in mine.
Because we all know that the vast majority of high income and high net worth individuals in America are women, right?

Old 08-18-2019, 08:21 AM

4,104 posts, read 1,862,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am going to tell you a little secret. ONE does not have to live that way. Your friends are wimps and would be wimps regardless of what "role" they thought they were taking on.
If my friends' defense, they were never like this back in their single days. We used to go to fun places, cheer at rock bands onstage, hike all day, party into the night, and just have a good time. But the minute they let women move in with them, they had a total personality change: never leave home alone except for work, wholesome outings only, nothing physically exhausting, return home by 9:00 PM sharp, etc. It was like hearing a Kidz Bop version of your favorite power ballad or party song. Look it up on YouTube, and you'll cringe too.

I tried talking to them about it, and the importance of doing your own thing once in a while. But it was like talking to a newfound Christian Evangelical or MLM seller. In other words, hopelessly zombified. They just kept repeating the mantra that a couple must do everything together, otherwise they wouldn't be a real couple. Which would be fine, if it weren't for the Kidz Bop-esque personality change.

Sorry, got off topic there. Anyway, their relationships always seemed quite financially balanced: either taking turns paying or splitting. At least based on what I observed when out with them as an odd-number wheel. Today, it's mostly irrelevant, with them being married and all.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-18-2019 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-18-2019, 08:57 AM

8,030 posts, read 5,233,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
it's up to the couple to work out. in today's day and age, men can't win and normally viewed with suspicion. If he likes you, he will show it, and one of the ways he will show it is by allocating hard earned money and resources on you. Not that complicated. if the woman is someone who is logical, and can come to her own conclusions in the relationship, it's normally for the best, as opposed to relying on opinions from her female harlot friends. Women who can come to reasonable decisions herself are more respected by the man. Appreciate what he's doing and show/tell him that you appreciate it in your own ways. Use your brain, make your own conclusions instead of relying on "general themes" you're seeing on an online forum.
I spoke in terms of men and women. Your post seems to be directing this towards women in particular, I assume it's because you mainly deal with only women. But its important to be objective. With ideas like the ones I mentioned floating around in people's minds, it's not a men OR women thing, it's a people thing. Also I'm not relying on anything here, I know how to use discernment in real life. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me that. I was making an observation of this particular thread.

Last edited by Auraliea; 08-18-2019 at 09:07 AM..

Old 08-18-2019, 08:59 AM

2,432 posts, read 1,848,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I vowed to never let any woman get close to me until I'm old and frail,
Then you're not looking for a relationship, just a caregiver. There's already a stable market for that.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:00 AM

14,330 posts, read 10,630,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
it's up to the couple to work out. in today's day and age, men can't win and normally viewed with suspicion. If he likes you, he will show it, and one of the ways he will show it is by allocating hard earned money and resources on you. Not that complicated. if the woman is someone who is logical, and can come to her own conclusions in the relationship, it's normally for the best, as opposed to relying on opinions from her female harlot friends. Women who can come to reasonable decisions herself are more respected by the man. Appreciate what he's doing and show/tell him that you appreciate it in your own ways. Use your brain, make your own conclusions instead of relying on "general themes" you're seeing on an online forum.
This makes me laugh. I prefer a person who shows interest with a much rarer resource. Time. And rarer still, honesty, integrity, open-ness and affection. But if a woman is "logical" she turns into the woman who does whatever some guy says because his logic is clearly the right logic.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Then you're not looking for a relationship, just a caregiver. There's already a stable market for that.
And it is covered by insurance!!

Old 08-18-2019, 09:27 AM

4,104 posts, read 1,862,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This makes me laugh. I prefer a person who shows interest with a much rarer resource. Time. And rarer still, honesty, integrity, open-ness and affection. But if a woman is "logical" she turns into the woman who does whatever some guy says because his logic is clearly the right logic.
Very, very true. Time is like a roll of toilet paper: the closer you get to the end, the faster you go through it and the more carefully you use it. The importance of not squandering your time on unworthy people---both men and women---is one of Red Pill's main tenets. So, a woman who makes time for me or invites me on a spontaneous outing on her free time, is far more likely to win me over than a woman who spends money on me. Money can be earned back later; time is completely irreplaceable.

When I was younger and my time seemed limitless, I've squandered a lot of it on unworthy girlfriends. Not so much a lot of my money, but a lot of my time. Today, I know better, and only dedicate my time on people who add value to my life. The rest get politely ghosted or firmly cast aside. Same with money.

Oh, and the "caregiver" part is debatable. When I'm old and frail, I won't have the energy to go out and have fun much anymore; a few times a year, if I'm lucky. So having a wife will be a net gain, rather than a net loss like it is today. Plus, it'll be nice to have someone call 911 if something happens to me, and I'll do the same for her.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Very, very true. Time is like a roll of toilet paper: the closer you get to the end, the faster you go through it and the more carefully you use it. The importance of not squandering your time on unworthy people---both men and women---is one of Red Pill's main tenets. So, a woman who makes time for me or invites me on a spontaneous outing on her free time, is far more likely to win me over than a woman who spends money on me. Money can be earned back later; time is completely irreplaceable.

When I was younger and my time seemed limitless, I've squandered a lot of it on unworthy girlfriends. Not so much a lot of my money, but a lot of my time. Today, I know better, and only dedicate my time on people who add value to my life. The rest get politely ghosted or firmly cast aside. Same with money.

Oh, and the "caregiver" part is debatable. When I'm old and frail, I won't have the energy to go out and have fun much anymore; a few times a year, if I'm lucky. So having a wife will be a net gain, rather than a net loss like it is today. Plus, it'll be nice to have someone call 911 if something happens to me, and I'll do the same for her.
I am sure you are going to have women lining up around the block for that.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:09 AM

8,684 posts, read 3,424,348 times
Quote:
Not that complicated. if the woman is someone who is logical, and can come to her own conclusions in the relationship, it's normally for the best, as opposed to relying on opinions from her female harlot friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I spoke in terms of men and women. Your post seems to be directing this towards women in particular, I assume it's because you mainly deal with only women. But its important to be objective. With ideas like the ones I mentioned floating around in people's minds, it's not a men OR women thing, it's a people thing. Also I'm not relying on anything here, I know how to use discernment in real life. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me that. I was making an observation of this particular thread.
Now how ya going to advise a guy who views women as illogical, with Female Harlot Friends to be objective?
Good effort, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or