U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

10,074 posts, read 3,865,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I agree, Ive seen this fetisization too. I think its common to be attracted to the exotic. I didnt mean to imply something wrong with the men. But I think there is, with some. Its a last resort move for them when they cant find a woman at home.

I do think there might be an appeal of someone being under their thumb. Maybe they assume it will be that way? Someone submissive and obediant. Foot massages every night. While American women are becoming uppity, demanding equality now.

I've definitely seen issues with men who sought out foreign brides. They do tend to complain about American women wanting equality and wanting a higher standard of living than what the man can provide. They see American women as too high maintenance. Even so, lots of these foreign bride marriages don't work out. Some of the men even get scammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM

685 posts, read 345,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Fair enough - I agree, which is why I (originally) stated more information would be needed (other than OP Ďfeeling badí) to determine controlling behavior (rather than make the unequivocal leap to a conclusion based on a few ambiguous sentences).
You mean regarding OPs situation. Of course; I dont know her, shes only made 3 posts here. Her post sparked wider debate, which may or may not be relevant to her, but everything I said itt may well relate to her situation. Its up to her discretion to decide which advice to follow here, of course. She knows her situation better than any of us.

Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM

192 posts, read 39,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Oh alright, you brought out my humblebrag, #crippickle. Yeah, fun.

...anyway...anyone else notice How this thread keeps getting driven into the ďwealthy guy problemsĒ ditch?? OP never did say that he had more money than her, so start a new thread if thatís the thing that keeps derailing it.
The thread has been derailed often from an op, who hasn't been back, and obviously posted this for a long thread most likely entertainment value. But it always drives toward the same end... traditional vs egalitarian relationships and all that entails... and now of course it's on to foreign brides and scams. Meh, longer threads are good for ads regardless.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

192 posts, read 39,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Woooaaaa -- is there a world where getting a drug dealer interested in you is humble brag worthy?? Humble brag might have been if Bill Gates was interested in me. I sure don't think having a drug dealer interested in me as humble bragging. Nor does having a job. wf??
Are you intentionally being obtuse about how you come across? Anybody who's gone through this thread alone can see the majority of posts by you are either you being a complete tool to somebody who disagrees with you starting with Priscilla...or examples of how when traditional guys want you, you avoid them like the plague. How many "traditional" men/women do you think want a relationship with people who are openly and loudly polyamorous? Maybe some but not most.

Save that for your own face though. Yes you clearly were humblebragging.. about the drugdealer who wanted you, was good enough to have "fun" with, who wanted to marry you, but for whom your whitecollar great job having self was "too good" for. Well you dated him...birds of a feather?

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

584 posts, read 1,205,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airekaaah View Post
My boyfriend insists on paying for almost everything. I feel really bad because I donít expect him to be the one paying all the time. The last three weekend trips we had, I booked the room and paid since I should at least pay for some of the expenses. And yet he still asks me how much I paid so he can pay for it. I told him itís fine and that I am okay spending since itís only fair. Question is do guys like spending money on their girlfriends? Do you think that a guy should always pay in a relationship? Thoughts?

P.S. I had my car broken into recently and my windows were busted. Boyfriend took care of everything and paid for the repairs. He was the one insisted even though he didnít have to.
Could be a control issue.....

Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM

1,210 posts, read 824,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
I don't understand the "he's a keeper" comments at all.
His need to be The Man would drive me bonkers. Because this isn't about him showing interest or whatever. It's about him disregarding your wishes so he can satisfy his need to be The Man. The car windows thing is way too much. It's YOUR car. Presumably YOUR insurance. Why would you just throw up your hands and turn that all over to him? Is he your dad or your boyfriend, for goodness sake? Do you want to be a damsel in distress in this relationship? What do YOU want -- a partner or a caretaker?
You know, guys can’t win. When we were young, we were told to open car doors, pay for the date, walk her to the door. Now, in 2019, nutjob feminists turn the act of being a gentleman into an attempt to let the woman know that ME IS MAN. YOU ONLY WOMAn. Get over it. It is the natural order of things. I would never let a woman pay for a dinner, unless it was my birthday. And I expected nothing for it in return. The evil male is out to control you. Woooooh. I feel sorry for you that you can’t just accept something for what it is.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

227 posts, read 54,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Why not date someone my own age with similar earning power?
If I only dated women my own age with similar earning power, I would have few options in this area..

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

2,432 posts, read 567,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I've definitely seen issues with men who sought out foreign brides. They do tend to complain about American women wanting equality and wanting a higher standard of living than what the man can provide. They see American women as too high maintenance. Even so, lots of these foreign bride marriages don't work out. Some of the men even get scammed.
I donít know anyone who has sought a foreign bride (or has any interest in the subject). In fact, itís a standing joke for most of us. That said, I canít believe there are men out there who take it seriously (since the whole concept is a scam).

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

13,019 posts, read 10,104,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Are you intentionally being obtuse about how you come across? Anybody who's gone through this thread alone can see the majority of posts by you are either you being a complete tool to somebody who disagrees with you starting with Priscilla...or examples of how when traditional guys want you, you avoid them like the plague. How many "traditional" men/women do you think want a relationship with people who are openly and loudly polyamorous? Maybe some but not most.
This is a Good Thing. If traditional guys wanted me, it would be a bummer for them. Unfortunately, someone ought to tell the guys who are trying to reform women like me, though, eh?

Quote:
Save that for your own face though. Yes you clearly were humblebragging.. about the drugdealer who wanted you, was good enough to have "fun" with, who wanted to marry you, but for whom your whitecollar great job having self was "too good" for. Well you dated him...birds of a feather?

You are a strange man.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

13,019 posts, read 10,104,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
You know, guys canít win. When we were young, we were told to open car doors, pay for the date, walk her to the door. Now, in 2019, nutjob feminists turn the act of being a gentleman into an attempt to let the woman know that ME IS MAN. YOU ONLY WOMAn. Get over it. It is the natural order of things. I would never let a woman pay for a dinner, unless it was my birthday. And I expected nothing for it in return. The evil male is out to control you. Woooooh. I feel sorry for you that you canít just accept something for what it is.
There are SO MANY men who have figured out the "new world order" and are doing just fine, fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or