U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:41 AM

334 posts, read 106,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airekaaah View Post
My boyfriend insists on paying for almost everything. I feel really bad because I donít expect him to be the one paying all the time. The last three weekend trips we had, I booked the room and paid since I should at least pay for some of the expenses. And yet he still asks me how much I paid so he can pay for it. I told him itís fine and that I am okay spending since itís only fair. Question is do guys like spending money on their girlfriends? Do you think that a guy should always pay in a relationship? Thoughts?

P.S. I had my car broken into recently and my windows were busted. Boyfriend took care of everything and paid for the repairs. He was the one insisted even though he didnít have to.
You just have to have something to complain about? It's not easy to find a man who is the real deal, a true gentleman. Say thank you and be grateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:25 AM

4,170 posts, read 1,788,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
You just have to have something to complain about? It's not easy to find a man who is the real deal, a true gentleman. Say thank you and be grateful.
The OP has another thread where he asked her to move with him to another state, and she hasnít finished school yet. I think thatís where people were coming from with some of their concerns. There he wanted to be able to pay for a big home with many rooms and couldnít do that in CA.

Old Today, 08:06 AM

6,396 posts, read 6,152,732 times
Quote:
But it's more often that he's the one who pays.

That seems to be the norm so you shouldn't feel like you are any different from other women. Relax.

Old Today, 08:25 AM

12,215 posts, read 7,475,901 times
Quote:
Wow I honestly didn't think this thread would generate so many responses. The intent of my post was merely getting other people's opinions regarding whether or not a man should pay in a relationship and if a man actually like spending money on their girlfriends. I just used my relationship as an example.
Right. I just have to say that coming here with "This is happening in my relationship, will everyone tell me how YOU feel about it so that I can know if it's normal or not" is...well, it's silly. And it happens more or less constantly. But it gives us all something to chatter about, which as you can see, many of us haven't a whole lot better to do apparently. lol Here we are.

But not all men are alike, and not all women are alike.

You know how this makes YOU feel. Sometimes uncomfortable. Only you can decide HOW uncomfortable, why, and if it's an issue worth bringing up, or setting some reasonable boundaries over. It's your relationship and it's half your job to work out where you stand.

Only he knows how HE feels. We don't. You can't take the input of a bunch of other men and say, "Well Bob, Joe, and Mark said they feel this way, so you must also." That's obviously not how any of this works. So the only way to get any idea of how he feels, is to ask him...and then listen to what he says. Maybe he'll be honest and maybe not, but it's a whole lot more accurate than projecting the input of strangers upon him, don't you think?

Old Today, 03:55 PM

9 posts, read 1,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
I don’t think I was complaining in this post.

Old Today, 07:50 PM

857 posts, read 708,644 times
Quote:
...do guys like spending money on their girlfriends?
Yes, at least initially; and when they are behaving in ways that make me want to.

Quote:
Do you think that a guy should always pay in a relationship?
No.

I don't care much about money in relationships and have no concerns about paying for things I can readily afford. I will not do so, however, at the expense of my own needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or