U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

43,903 posts, read 42,504,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaminade View Post
You're the only person that acknowledged that. Every other poster wrote it would make absolutely no difference.

That is,

A dude losing his chick to another dude would feel EXACTLY the same as losing her to another chick and
A chick losing her dude to another chick would feel EXACTLY the same as losing him to another dude.

Exactly the same.
Why would you feel better if she were kissing ******* than *******?

Makes no sense!! Unless it’s because you think “girl on girl” is ok and something YOU would enjoy too therefore it is not a threat.

I agree with SVT that the loss is the problem, not the body parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

958 posts, read 262,586 times
I'd feel the same regardless of where the person they were cheating with was on the gender spectrum.

It would sting for sure, and there would be a bit of healing required, but in general, I get over things like this pretty fast. If someone is going to cheat on me or choose someone else over me, then I don't want them. Period. I might be pissed at the time wasted but I wouldn't feel like it was a loss. Getting someone like that out of your life is never a loss.

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

13,027 posts, read 10,112,525 times
Quote:
You're the only person that acknowledged that. Every other poster wrote it would make absolutely no difference.

That is,

A dude losing his chick to another dude would feel EXACTLY the same as losing her to another chick and
A chick losing her dude to another chick would feel EXACTLY the same as losing him to another dude.

Exactly the same.
Competition just does not enter into it for me.

Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM

958 posts, read 262,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Competition just does not enter into it for me.
Me neither. Because the second my partner chooses someone else over me, they cease to be "my partner."

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

2,206 posts, read 1,732,619 times
Quote:
...another woman OR another man?

Which would bug you more?

I'm a dude and it would bug me 69 times more if I lost my wife to another dude. If it was a chick, then that's no reflection on me. Nothing I can do about it.
Or she fled to other team because of you. (Don't flame me, just joking)

Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM

14,319 posts, read 7,646,510 times
It kind of depends on the chronology. If we're broken up or the divorce papers are filed, that's different from being in a committed relationship and having someone cheat on you and then bail out. The gender of their new partner is kind of inconsequential.

Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM

5,598 posts, read 8,249,972 times
I assume this topic is for those who never had any inkling that their SO/spouse would be prone to getting involved w/ the same gender.

Words couldn't express how I'd feel if I found out my man was cheating on me w/ another man! I'd be most shocked that I couldn't tell more so than the cheating aspect of it.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

127 posts, read 13,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Or she fled to other team because of you. (Don't flame me, just joking)
Actually, I've had that happen. I've was with a chick (not full on girlfriend) who turned into a lesbian.
In fact another chick I was going out with, got it on with her ex boyfriend WHO TURNED OUT TO BE GAY!

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield!

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM

127 posts, read 13,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I assume this topic is for those who never had any inkling that their SO/spouse would be prone to getting involved w/ the same gender.

Words couldn't express how I'd feel if I found out my man was cheating on me w/ another man! I'd be most shocked that I couldn't tell more so than the cheating aspect of it.
Ya I suppose it would be shocking if my wife took off with another chick BUT contrary to what others have written, my feelings would be hurt as much if she took off with another dude. (And if your man did it you also might have to worry about AIDS). I just finished this book on a dude who deliberately infected a bunch of women with AIDS. Standing Strong: An Unlikely Sisterhood and the Court Case That Made History

Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM

5,411 posts, read 2,882,368 times
Quote:
...another woman OR another man?

Which would bug you more?

I'm a dude and it would bug me 69 times more if I lost my wife to another dude. If it was a chick, then that's no reflection on me. Nothing I can do about it.
Both would equal to me... I donít derive esteem or status from how others think of me including my wife. If my wife decides to leave me that is on her and not a reflection of my worth. I would just be sad to lose her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships