Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_is_here View Post

I saw a bunch of trashy women.
I get it. The last time I entered just my preferred age range and scanned the profiles, I saw a lot of guys with shaved heads wearing Oakley sunglasses and shirts in colors I just can't abide. It can be off-putting. But it didn't send me into a spiral. It just told me that this wasn't a method that was going to work for me.

Quote:

I'm more curious about what I should do to meet "my people", since I kind of don't have any. Most of my pursuits are solitary or just massively male dominated. If I go to a car show or something, I'd venture to say most of the women are already there with men. So... I don't know what to do.
Obviously if you want different results you have to do something different. You need to change your routine, whether you think you want to or not.

Quote:

I don't want to get out and do anything, anywhere. I'm a homebody.
OK, but that isn't ALL there is to you.

It's good to know yourself and your limits, but you also can't let your self-imposed label seclude you from human connection. Do you have male friends?

Obviously you can't just be a homebody. You are a multi-layered person with interests. And you didn't get here on this earth by immaculate conception. You are the result of human interaction, so it's natural that even though you prefer less company than some, you still want and need connection.

Bottom line: You will have to push yourself sometimes. That's it. If online dating isn't for you, and it sounds like it isn't, use the internet in other ways. Try Meetup groups or just discussion forums where you can chat with people and connect mentally. It's a great way to build attraction. In my almost 10 years on this forum, I know which posters I could get along with in real life.

But right now just take time to debrief the fiasco you just got out of and why you went down that path.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:52 PM

382 posts, read 512,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
All I have to contribute here is support for you to quit smoking. This is coming from a guy who enjoyed cigarettes like kids enjoy Snicker bars. Once you seriously consider the health problems--and having to try to live through and treat them--it becomes a bit easier. I send positive energy your way and sincerely hope you quit smoking.

Much appreciated. I've been a self loathing smoker for years now and it's highly frowned upon by my employer and it's about to get even MORE highly frowned upon. So, yeah, it's a bad thing to be doing.

My thought that it kills off a huge swath of very good dating candidates I also feel is valid. I'm just not seeing a picture out there of a lot of well put together (in terms of their lives) women who are smokers, and I don't think I should expect to... I guess I'm wondering if looking at smokers is adversely effecting my dating pool.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm wondering if looking at smokers is adversely effecting my dating pool.
Yes.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Bottom line: You will have to push yourself sometimes. That's it. If online dating isn't for you, and it sounds like it isn't, use the internet in other ways. Try Meetup groups or just discussion forums where you can chat with people and connect mentally. It's a great way to build attraction. In my almost 10 years on this forum, I know which posters I could get along with in real life.

But right now just take time to debrief the fiasco you just got out of and why you went down that path.

I'm asking what those other options are. Meetup doesn't really exist around here and I'm not sure what other forums are available that aren't just, literally, prostitution rings. Despite how it may sound like I'm treating it like shopping on Amazon, taking a look around to see what good ladies are out there is highly motivational to me to get something going on my side (and emotionally, is a large boost... just show me there's light at the end of the tunnel so I can get down to my business of pulling myself back together). So... Where are those places, because I don't think I'm finding them.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I'm asking what those other options are. Meetup doesn't really exist around here and I'm not sure what other forums are available that aren't just, literally, prostitution rings. Despite how it may sound like I'm treating it like shopping on Amazon, taking a look around to see what good ladies are out there is highly motivational to me to get something going on my side (and emotionally, is a large boost... just show me there's light at the end of the tunnel so I can get down to my business of pulling myself back together). So... Where are those places, because I don't think I'm finding them.
Where do you live???

Old 08-21-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Where do you live???

North-Central Indiana.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
North-Central Indiana.
Ugh ok yeah.

Seriously, can you relocate?

Old 08-21-2019, 11:09 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Ugh ok yeah.

Seriously, can you relocate?
Bahahaha. My first thought was “that’s unfortunate. Is moving an option?”

Old 08-21-2019, 11:14 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
That's not far from Chicago.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
The ironic thing here is Max, reading your posts I don’t get the impression you’re way above those women you’re looking at online...they very well may think the same about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships