U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:10 PM

4,560 posts, read 3,373,406 times

Advertisements

Deciding that kind and homely trumps unkind and pretty is sensible and mature. There's some truth to the idea that people who aren't good-loooking often put more effort into cultivating other traits and skills. But faking attraction to someone because you want to get something from them, or because you find less attractive people easier to manipulate, is gross. OP sounds like a bit of a user.

Old Today, 05:13 PM

1,378 posts, read 321,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Deciding that kind and homely trumps unkind and pretty is sensible and mature. There's some truth to the idea that people who aren't good-loooking often put more effort into cultivating other traits and skills. But faking attraction to someone because you want to get something from them, or because you find less attractive people easier to manipulate, is gross. OP sounds like a bit of a user.
Deciding everyone who is pretty is unkind.....& everyone who is homely is kind.....is not so mature.......

Old Today, 05:17 PM

775 posts, read 151,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
So many stereotypes on this thread. I know well-rounded good looking people.

Old Today, 05:19 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Is it possible to date women outside of London, people are more affluent there and there's a high cost of living? And try finding meeting people in other ways. It could be how you're meeting them.
I had the same experience in Brighton, and to a lesser extent back home in Wales (not many attractive women there though.)

Distance is awkward, London is a big place and its an hour+ journey just to leave the city.

My previous GF was from the Philipines though (shes a wealthy Filipina with family in the UK.) Spends her time between there and London.

Old Today, 05:22 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lol...silly...I'm embarrassed for you!!! You can't speak for all women & all dating experiences or all relationships.........

Beautiful women & handsome men fall in love too.........
Yes, I had that once 22 years ago. Messed that up as I was young and stupid.

Old Today, 05:33 PM

7,830 posts, read 3,065,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Deciding everyone who is pretty is unkind.....& everyone who is homely is kind.....is not so mature.......
Yeah, I’d be more crabby if I was ugly.

Old Today, 05:42 PM

18,727 posts, read 20,600,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I’ve been with a lot of conventionally attractive woman and it was always high maintenance and a struggle to keep them happy because they have a ton of options and realize that.

Since then I’ve puprosely dated less attractive woman who are just grateful to be with a good looking guy (There words not mine lol) and do whatever it takes to please me and keep me happy and satisfied.

Im not gonna sit here and say I’m extremely attracted to these woman but they bend over backwards for me and i know they won’t be high maintenance or be looking for the next better option like woman who are I never high demand.
So you’re just using these “less attractive” women? You’re not attracted to them you’re attracted to what they do for you. Make you feel special huh?

Old Today, 05:47 PM

7,594 posts, read 11,692,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I’ve been with a lot of conventionally attractive woman and it was always high maintenance and a struggle to keep them happy because they have a ton of options and realize that.

Since then I’ve puprosely dated less attractive woman who are just grateful to be with a good looking guy (There words not mine lol) and do whatever it takes to please me and keep me happy and satisfied.

Im not gonna sit here and say I’m extremely attracted to these woman but they bend over backwards for me and i know they won’t be high maintenance or be looking for the next better option like woman who are I never high demand.
I think somebody better looking than you has as much power over you as you allow.

Personally, I never allow looks to factor into how much power a person has over me (or under me if that is possible).

I really don't care about looks, more compatibility.

Which is not to say that the women that I date have been dogs. They've generally been pretty good looking.

But they'd have no hold over me because of the aforementioned.

As a matter of fact, worse looking people dump better looking people all the time because of lack of compatibility.

It would almost shock me that someone could think in as simple terms as you do, except...

1) I've seen so many other people who adopt it, not just at this forum, but many others like it.
2) I've though that way myself when I was younger.

Old Today, 05:50 PM

13,085 posts, read 10,118,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I don't go for "high maintenance" women, just the ones I find attractive. But in over a decade of dating now its happened every single time. A decade-plus of this is not simply a coincidence. Nor can it simply be me.
Why not? You are the lowest common denominator.

Old Today, 05:54 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,733,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I have an ex who used to say he was going to only date very obese women after I was 'done with him'. Despite that I never gave him a reason to worry, he was hung up on his friends teasing him about being 'out of his league'.

So a few years later (after I was done with him) I saw his new interest on social media & she was huge but seemed to be very sweet. She obviously thought the sun rose & set on him. He, on the other hand, seemed embarrassed by her & continually downplayed their relationship. I heard through mutual friends that he treated her like crap.

About 6 months later she started posting about her 'post-gastric bypass weight loss journey'. Soon, she was absolutely gorgeous ... and she dumped him.
Good for her. I hate hearing people treating others as subhuman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or