U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:41 PM

1,378 posts, read 321,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Well, in that case, I date across, not up, as up would be a woman taller than myself.

And again, science considers it an evolutionary instinct. Like I said my last GF owns a spa, yet she is still after the millionaire. Looks-wise we match.
There is lots more to matching than giving yourself the same number in looks......

Old Today, 06:42 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Yes but if we're going to talk about evolutionary instincts, not all women want kids and someone to take care of them while they take care of the kids. Plus women can now earn their own money and be independent.

We may have evolutionary urges but we don't all act on them all of the time. We are humans, we have the power to override them based on other things which are more important to our rational minds.
Well rationally I should "make do" with average looking women as they're less maintenance as the OP points out (I found much the same thing as the OP the two times I dated down) but instinctively I couldn't get over the massive gaping hole in the relationship - total lack of attraction to her and an unfulfilling sex life.

I find it hard to see how a woman would not feel the same.

Old Today, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
There is lots more to matching than giving yourself the same number in looks......

I was specifiically responding to the statement that men go for the best looking woman while women go for the best provisioning male.

Attraction for men is almost entirely physical. There's certainly more when building a relationship and establishing an emotional connection, but while important most men are not really attracted to personality, a woman's status etc

Old Today, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I was specifiically responding to the statement that men go for the best looking woman while women go for the best provisioning male.

Attraction for men is almost entirely physical. There's certainly more when building a relationship and emotional connection, so while important most men are not really attracted to personality, a woman's status etc
At the start....ita that *BOTH* males & females are likely to put a lot on physical attraction....cause there isn't much else to go on when you first meet..........

Old Today, 06:48 PM

775 posts, read 151,513 times
Quote:
Well rationally I should "make do" with average looking women as they're less maintenance as the OP points out (I found much the same thing as the OP the two times I dated down) but instinctively I couldn't get over the massive gaping hole in the relationship - total lack of attraction to her and an unfulfilling sex life.

I find it hard to see how a woman would not feel the same.
Now we're talking about two different things.

If the women you're meeting are so obsessed with how much money you earn, you need to look at where you're finding these dates and re-assess. Being an architect is a perfectly respectable career. Some women are not motivated by the big bucks. They might be women who are a bit less in the mainstream, maybe women who gravitate towards non-consumerism and alternative lifestyles.

Old Today, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Now we're talking about two different things.

If women are so obsessed with how much money you earn, you need to look at where you're finding these dates and re-assess. Being an architect is a perfectly respectable career. Some women are not motivated by the big bucks. They might be women who are a bit less in the mainstream, maybe women who gravitate towards non-consumerism and alternative lifestyles.
He says his problem is being short too......

Old Today, 06:52 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,330,626 times
This thread... SMH.

And again with the number ratings?? Jeez.

I gave out quite a few reps to some of you Well done!

Old Today, 06:53 PM

799 posts, read 409,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Iíve been with a lot of conventionally attractive woman and it was always high maintenance and a struggle to keep them happy because they have a ton of options and realize that.

Since then Iíve puprosely dated less attractive woman who are just grateful to be with a good looking guy (There words not mine lol) and do whatever it takes to please me and keep me happy and satisfied.

Im not gonna sit here and say Iím extremely attracted to these woman but they bend over backwards for me and i know they wonít be high maintenance or be looking for the next better option like woman who are I never high demand.
Not if your not just using them for sex, the way I look at it. I used to only date beautiful women and nobody without a knockout body. But, I started looking more at whats inside than outside and as others have pointed out, less high maintenance.

I still like pretty gals but I am much more flexible and don't have a problem with a gal carrying some extra weight anymore either. Like you say, a girl who doesn't consider herself a catch does treat a guy considered good looking by other women much better. I see nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Old Today, 06:53 PM

775 posts, read 151,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
He says his problem is being short too......
5ft 8 is not that short. Unless he wants to date 6ft + tall supermodels, I don't see the problem

Old Today, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I'm not a fan of the 1-10 attractiveness rating system, but I think if one buys into the system, being 5'8'' probably disqualifies you from claiming 10 status. If you took a poll of the physical attributes of a perfectly attractive man, the word "tall" is going to come up over and over again.
I don't consider myself a "10". I know my height knocks me down a peg in the grand scheme. Where would you rank Tom Cruise, especially in his mid-late 20s? Take Chris Hemsworth or Jensen Ackles (I look a lot like Jensen Ackles actually) and make them 5'8", where would they rank?

Like I said I date women in the 5' - 5'4" range. I'm Welsh and we are short as a people, most men are 5'8"-5'9", it's rare to see men taller, and almost no Welsh women are over 5'4".

Last edited by archineer; Today at 07:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or