U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:58 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
5ft 8 is not that short. Unless he wants to date 6ft + tall supermodels, I don't see the problem
I typically date women around 5'4" but they all prefer a 6'+ guy. I did tell one of my exes that if I was 6' I wouldn't be dating her as I prefer women 3-4 inches shorter, not a foot shorter.

Old Today, 06:58 PM

775 posts, read 151,513 times
I don't mean to be rude archineer, but I think this is a classic case of someone thinking their problem with dating is x and y when their problem is actually z. If you stop with the stereotyping and open your mind & maybe seek dates in more unusual places you might be finding that the very good looking ladies find you attractive. Attitude is important.

Old Today, 07:01 PM

858 posts, read 474,200 times
nope. and who knows, the other party may be dating someone less attractive as well, and you may end up a perfect match!

Old Today, 07:02 PM

873 posts, read 1,384,960 times
You're just insecure... I sometimes do a double take when I a see an attractive guy with a very fat or unattractive woman... Men are more visual and will typically go after the most attractive woman they can get... If they're with a woman who is way below them on the looks scale, they're usually insecure.

Old Today, 07:05 PM

4,560 posts, read 3,373,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I don't consider myself a "!0". I know my height knocks me down a peg in the grand scheme. Where would you rank Tom Cruise, especially in his mid-late 20s? Take Chris Hemsworth or Jensen Ackles and make them 5'8", where would they rank?

Like I said I date women in the 5' - 5'4" range. I'm Welsh and we are short as a people, most men are 5'8"-5'9", it's rare to see men taller, and almost no Welsh women are over 5'4".
Sounds like you're making allowances for yourself that you wouldn't also make for women The scale is the scale, it doesn't care if you're Welsh.

If Tom Cruise's height wasn't a "flaw," directors wouldn't be using tricks to make him look taller on screen.

Old Today, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I typically date women around 5'4" but they all prefer a 6'+ guy. I did tell one of my exes that if I was 6' I wouldn't be dating her as I prefer women 3-4 inches shorter, not a foot shorter.
You are exposing yourself as horrendously shallow with this comment. People are people, not numbers. Don't complain that you attract shallow, gold digging idiots when you come at dating with this attitude. Like attracts like.

Old Today, 07:07 PM

Quote:
You are exposing yourself as horrendously shallow with this comment. People are people, not numbers. Don't complain that you attract shallow, gold digging idiots when you come at dating with this attitude. Like attracts like.
I'd feel like I was with my kid sister with such a height discrepancy. It would feel weird.

BTW I told her after she moaned I wasn't 6' (she is 5'1".)

Last edited by archineer; Today at 07:27 PM..

Old Today, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude archineer, but I think this is a classic case of someone thinking their problem with dating is x and y when their problem is actually z. If you stop with the stereotyping and open your mind & maybe seek dates in more unusual places you might be finding that the very good looking ladies find you attractive. Attitude is important.
I don't go to specific places to meet women. I just meet them wherever, uni, club, work, online etc.

I have no problem getting dates initially, its an issue that creeps up over time I find. I'm starting out in business, whereas at my age they want it all now.

Old Today, 07:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 301,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Like you say, a girl who doesn't consider herself a catch does treat a guy considered good looking by other women much better.
Yes, but maybe that's because she's simply a good person, not because she's oh-so-grateful to him for giving her the time of day.

Old Today, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Yes, but maybe that's because she's simply a good person, not because she's oh-so-grateful to him for giving her the time of day.
You are right. What is it with this, "all pretty people are horrible b**ches" stereotype. Some attractive people are decent, some are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or