U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:52 PM

1,377 posts, read 321,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I imagine there are quite a few "less attractive" women who wouldn't stoop low enough to date a man like you.
When I dated I could care less if they were attractive or not. I was raised a whole lot better than that.
Everyone dates people they are personally attracted to............except for the O.P...

Old Today, 01:53 PM

15,011 posts, read 12,445,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I have no other choice!

:
Pretty much the OPís situation lol

Old Today, 01:54 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,005,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I donít think it is wrong to date women who are more receptive and more willing to please you, if you can live with them not being as attractive. I think you only as nice and faithful to a person as your options.

I find the bold text to be very sad. It certainly does not reflect my experience with women.

Old Today, 01:57 PM

1,377 posts, read 321,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smog Alert View Post
Most men will marry the best looking women he can afford.
Sry...most of us can't be bought........

Old Today, 02:00 PM

40,732 posts, read 40,305,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I know what you mean but it kinda came out wrong.
I have much more luck with men who aren't seen as super attractive for the same reason.

But I am not faking it, I really am attracted more to someone who has visible flaws because I find them more interesting. Besides the fact they are less douchey and much nicer. They are thankful to be with me and I am thankful to be with them.
It didn't "come out wrong" because it's the truth in how he feels. He just didn't dress it up to make himself not look bad.

OP like Dissenter said if you are ok with less attractive women but who may be more "nice" for lack of a better term then go for it.

The stereotype of the hot chick who is a pain in the ass or high maintenance has been around forever, same with the homely plain janes being more agreeable. LOL, nothing new here.

Not true across the board of course.

Old Today, 02:00 PM

23,753 posts, read 33,660,574 times
Quote:
Most men will marry the best looking women he can afford.
I think it is the best looking woman who will have them.

Old Today, 02:01 PM

15,011 posts, read 12,445,781 times
Quote:
Dating less attractive women has its advantages: More frequency and more variety.

Most men would probably rather have three 7s than one 10.
Most men wouldn't kick 2ís out if bed.

Old Today, 02:03 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,303,589 times
Quote:
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you...
Yes, thank you. I was going to say that I believe there was a song written to address this...

Old Today, 02:06 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I’ve been with a lot of conventionally attractive woman and it was always high maintenance and a struggle to keep them happy because they have a ton of options and realize that.

Since then I’ve puprosely dated less attractive woman who are just grateful to be with a good looking guy (There words not mine lol) and do whatever it takes to please me and keep me happy and satisfied.

Im not gonna sit here and say I’m extremely attracted to these woman but they bend over backwards for me and i know they won’t be high maintenance or be looking for the next better option like woman who are I never high demand.
There's nothing wrong with it as such, but I've done it twice in the past. I hated every minute of it, it was like dating my sister. Close emotional bond was possible, but no physical attraction whatsoever. We're attracted to people who look like ourselves (most couples look similar to each other.)

You know as well as I do that you have little to no attraction to them, sex is unsatisfying and slowly it'll eat you up inside. Do you think you can live with the massive hole in your relationship? Do you lie to them when they ask you if they look pretty? Physical attraction is an important component in a relationship (especially for us men given attraction is almost entirely physical,) don't underestimate it.

Old Today, 02:09 PM

4,583 posts, read 4,365,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
We are all dating much less attractive people.
As you would say we should, but really just the men.

OP, I get it, trust me. The pool where I live is average at best and mostly way below average in intelligence, attractiveness, etc. I find myself thinking I should settle, but I can't bring myself to do so. I have gone out with women I never would have looked at a decade ago. It usually doesn't go anywhere, but I have gone out with some of them several times. Its a dilemma for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or