U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:10 PM

4,583 posts, read 4,365,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smog Alert View Post
Dating less attractive women has its advantages: More frequency and more variety.

Most men would probably rather have three 7s than one 10.
Not true, I'd rather have a 10 and marry her. Now men in their early 20's, you're probably right. It depends on age and maturity of the man.

Old Today, 02:10 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times
Quote:
Dating less attractive women has its advantages: More frequency and more variety.

Most men would probably rather have three 7s than one 10.
I have no attraction to 7s. Its the downside to being a 9-10 yourself. You can have any woman you want, but you aren't attracted to 99% of women.

Old Today, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think it is the best looking woman who will have them.
Exactly.

Old Today, 02:13 PM

3,894 posts, read 1,803,068 times
OP, you seem to only experience pairings as being unbalanced. Either you're straining to be good enough for a woman, which is essentially what you describe as the dynamic with "high maintenance" women, or a woman is straining to be good enough for you. Never mind whether that's what happens in either case; It's your perception.

Is there a third option, where you're as happy to be with a woman as she is to be with you? Of course there is, but can you see that as viable?

Old Today, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I have no attraction to 7s. Its the downside to being a 9-10 yourself. You can have any woman you want, but you aren't attracted to 99% of women.
Well, its kind of subjective. I've been attracted to women I would view as a 7. My 7 is a woman with a pretty face, but probably 20-30 pounds overweight (this varies with height). So I try to date women who are attractive but not stuck up or high maintenance. More the girl next door type, who is probably an 8, but doesn't know it.

Old Today, 02:14 PM

Quote:
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you...
If you can live with a total lack of attraction to your partner and a lifetime of celibacy or sleeping with other women/prostitutes on the side.

Old Today, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Well, its kind of subjective. I've been attracted to women I would view as a 7. My 7 is a woman with a pretty face, but probably 20-30 pounds overweight (this varies with height). So I try to date women who are attractive but not stuck up or high maintenance. More the girl next door type, who is probably an 8, but doesn't know it.
For me to be attracted to any woman she has to have near-perfect facial proportions, the only woman I ever loved looked almost exactly like young (late 90s) Kelly Brook. Its not a conscious decision, its probably because we're attracted to people who look like ourselves.

None of the women in this pic are my type but the ones in red I have some attraction too:
Attached Thumbnails
Is it wrong to purposely date less attractive people?-pictorialscale.jpg  

Old Today, 02:28 PM

7,759 posts, read 4,977,090 times
If we told you it's "wrong" would that make you stop doing it?

Old Today, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Hmmmm ... how to word this.

Well, no, in general it's not "wrong" to purposefully date less attractive people but it's wrong to do it for the reason you're asserting here.

Your postulate isn't really about attraction but about self-image and self-worth.

I would assert that it's not wrong to stop dating self-absorbed jerks who "realize they have tons of options" and as a result play into your insecurities.

It IS wrong to date women who are supposedly grateful that you even asked just so you can have someone fluff your tender ego.
No, he's doing it simply because they're easier and he doesn't have to perform for them. Nothing to do with self-worth or anything like that.

Shaming tactics are totally unconstructive, and it doesn't work on men at all.

Old Today, 02:44 PM

12,395 posts, read 13,702,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I have no other choice!

:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or