U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:12 PM

775 posts, read 151,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I have no attraction to 7s. Its the downside to being a 9-10 yourself. You can have any woman you want, but you aren't attracted to 99% of women.
Is it just me or is the giving numbers to rate peoples' attractiveness thing really shallow and repellent? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Any man who did this would immediately lose several numbers off his "score" out of 10 in my eyes

Old Today, 03:13 PM

1,378 posts, read 321,882 times
Quote:
He's not "afraid" as such, its because beautiful women are high maintenance and a pain to keep. They can bag a handsome millionaire if they can find one so are always looking to trade up.
He said in his post...it was a "struggle to keep them"............so that is saying he is falling short & doesn't want to anymore....that he would rather have the upper hand......& confident men don't think like that IMO.....

There is chemistry & love for attractive people & millionaires too! It's about the relationship........not just about "trading up" for surface stuff.........

Old Today, 03:14 PM

10,739 posts, read 4,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Iíve been with a lot of conventionally attractive woman and it was always high maintenance and a struggle to keep them happy because they have a ton of options and realize that.

Since then Iíve puprosely dated less attractive woman who are just grateful to be with a good looking guy (There words not mine lol) and do whatever it takes to please me and keep me happy and satisfied.

Im not gonna sit here and say Iím extremely attracted to these woman but they bend over backwards for me and i know they wonít be high maintenance or be looking for the next better option like woman who are I never high demand.
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife . .

(Now that song's stuck in my head).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=6EqFVWzOfN8

Old Today, 03:15 PM

Quote:
While you are correct that good looking people can fall in love, its usually only with people who are our equals.

You're also ignoring women's hypergamous nature. A woman who is a perfect 10 can get a man who is a perfect 10 (male model looks, high status, 6 figure income/millionaire, tall, "alpha" masculine etc) The fact is if the OP falls short of those requirements (given his original post its on the income side,) a beautiful woman will never see him as "good enough". Women have a much longer list of requirements than men when looking for a partner. For us, we simply have to find you attractive and get on with you.

I've been in this situation several times, mainly due to my height (I'm 5'8", I don't have a problem with it but women do) and I'm not a millionaire (self-employed architect, but that's not good enough apparently.)
I'm sorry I just don't believe a height of 5ft 8" is a huge deal breaker for women. If a man is attractive and nice it just isn't going to be a huge minus.

Old Today, 03:16 PM

5,174 posts, read 2,380,628 times
I have an ex who used to say he was going to only date very obese women after I was 'done with him'. Despite that I never gave him a reason to worry, he was hung up on his friends teasing him about being 'out of his league'.

So a few years later (after I was done with him) I saw his new interest on social media & she was huge but seemed to be very sweet. She obviously thought the sun rose & set on him. He, on the other hand, seemed embarrassed by her & continually downplayed their relationship. I heard through mutual friends that he treated her like crap.

About 6 months later she started posting about her 'post-gastric bypass weight loss journey'. Soon, she was absolutely gorgeous ... and she dumped him.

Old Today, 03:17 PM

1,378 posts, read 321,882 times
Quote:
That he isn't wealthy enough. Beautiful women do not put in any effort, they just think their looks are enough. I've been there several times.

So you personally know every beautiful woman? That is so stupid & immature to say.......don't stereotype us into numbers & judge our personalities by those numbers........

Old Today, 03:17 PM

24 posts, read 3,015 times
Itís not a lack of confidence itís just reality that the better looking person in a relationship has the upper hand.

These woman treat me extremely well because they want to hang onto a good looking guy because theyíre not used to dating one and are grateful

The lack of attraction at times is a roadblock but the other stuff makes up for it a little

Old Today, 03:18 PM

Quote:
He's not "afraid" as such, its because beautiful women are high maintenance and a pain to keep. They can bag a handsome millionaire if they can find one so are always looking to trade up.
Not all good looking people are "high maintenance". Not all good looking people necessarily want to date millionaires or are shallow people who are just looking to "trade up" as you put it. You're making a lot of generalisations.

43,941 posts, read 42,522,667 times
Quote:
That he isn't wealthy enough. Beautiful women do not put in any effort, they just think their looks are enough. I've been there several times.
So he has to be rich. That's what you're saying? If he is to date a beautiful woman? That's the effort you don't want to put in? Being rich??

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're not even aware of when you are doing it, nothing you said was helpful.

I know full well what my strengths and weaknesses are now when it comes to dating (my failing health being the main one now.) I'm not downplaying my shortcomings at all. I care about honesty and accuracy when it comes to talking about things, regardless of whether someone gets offended.
Nothing you've said offended me. I'm baffled at your sensitive trigger and trying to make sense of your catchphrases. And that bizarre photo collage you posted is just Ö. concerning.

7,759 posts, read 4,977,090 times
Quote:
Not to be mean, but if you kept running into to those types of "high maintenance" women and dating them, it's because you CHOSE to. I'm more than certain you could've found a "beautiful" woman that didn't behave in the way you're describing. However, I understand after experiencing so much of the same, it can influence the development of an individual creating self fulfilling prophecy's. In this particular case, with you subconsciously going for/choosing the wrong ones and overlooking the right ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
It’s not a lack of confidence it’s just reality that the better looking person in a relationship has the upper hand.

These woman treat me extremely well because they want to hang onto a good looking guy because they’re not used to dating one and are grateful

The lack of attraction at times is a roadblock but the other stuff makes up for it a little
If you're going to acknowledge that's your reality, then you should also acknowledge YOU'RE the one that keeps putting yourself in these situations. You could experience something different if you wanted to but it's so deeply ingrained in your subconscious you don't even really realize what you're doing or WHY you're doing it. So....

*shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or