U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:19 PM
 
Location: UK
1,175 posts, read 297,760 times
Reputation: 1909

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
So you personally know every beautiful woman? That is so stupid & immature to say.......don't stereotype us into numbers & judge our personalities by those numbers........
^ ^

What Tashaposh said.

 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
46,217 posts, read 44,567,795 times
Reputation: 90388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post

The lack of attraction at times is a roadblock but the other stuff makes up for it a little.
Hahahaha so you've never actually done this. This ^^^ makes it obvious.

Boy, stop playing.
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Status: "haters hate themselves too...." (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: The BA & l o v e it
2,515 posts, read 585,134 times
Reputation: 1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
It’s not a lack of confidence it’s just reality that the better looking person in a relationship has the upper hand.

These woman treat me extremely well because they want to hang onto a good looking guy because they’re not used to dating one and are grateful

The lack of attraction at times is a roadblock but the other stuff makes up for it a little
Dating someone you are not attracted to ...is stupid. It makes you as superficial....for different reasons... as all the beautiful women you say you know................
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:21 PM
 
Location: London, U.K.
3,037 posts, read 3,395,859 times
Reputation: 1729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're a bit confusing, archineer, spending the last several posts calling yourself a 9-10 and saying your kind (the perfect male specimen) won't accept a woman as low as a 7.

I'm sitting here a bit baffled.
How exactly? Physically I look like a male model or film star (though as I've said I'm only 5'8", so Tom Cruise ). But as a man, it really doesn't count for much if you don't have the finances to back it up. Beautiful women want a man who is rich and successful first, good looking second. They'll sooner date a less attractive rich man over a poor handsome man. It depends a lot on age, I had no problem in my late teens and early 20s with the top 5% of women, but once you get into your late 20s early 30s it gets much harder and women become more demanding.

It's not that I (we?) won't "accept" a woman who is a "7", its that I'm not physically attracted to those women. Most other men who are like me have said the same thing. Its because we're attracted to women who look like ourselves.
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA/Washington, DC
24,326 posts, read 34,364,513 times
Reputation: 33627
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Dating someone you are not attracted to ...is stupid. It makes you as superficial....for different reasons... as all the beautiful women you say you know................
How shallow can it be if he is getting the treatment he is seeking and not just rejecting them at first glance?
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:25 PM
 
12,847 posts, read 5,153,444 times
Reputation: 31124
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
How exactly? Physically I look like a male model or film star (though as I've said I'm only 5'8", so Tom Cruise ). But as a man, it really doesn't count for much if you don't have the finances to back it up. Beautiful women want a man who is rich and successful first, good looking second. They'll sooner date a less attractive rich man over a poor handsome man. It depends a lot on age, I had no problem in my late teens and early 20s with the top 5% of women, but once you get into your late 20s early 30s it gets much harder and women become more demanding.

It's not that I (we?) won't "accept" a woman who is a "7", its that I'm not physically attracted to those women. Most other men who are like me have said the same thing. Its because we're attracted to women who look like ourselves.
I agree with this post. Women, in general, if they can have their choice of man will choose a man who is at least average looking, who is a leader, charismatic, and wealthy.

But your other stuff, saying you only go for 9-10, because that's what you are, is baffling.

If you're ONLY attracted to women who have your same facial characteristics (and yes, there's a Seinfeld for that), you're in trouble. Because your height factors in, making you NOT a 9-10 physically.

Which doesn't mean you aren't attractive in other ways - but if you hold potential female partners to one single standard - physical perfection - you don't have that to offer yourself, so it comes off a bit baffling.

BTW - most men are in fact, not attracted to women who are the female mirror image of themselves. Some are, again, reference Seinfeld.
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:25 PM
 
Location: UK
1,175 posts, read 297,760 times
Reputation: 1909
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Beautiful women want a man who is rich and successful first, good looking second. They'll sooner date a less attractive rich man over a poor handsome man.
For goodness sake, stop with the sexist stereotyping. Some beautiful women earn their own money and don't need a sugar daddy.
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:25 PM
 
Location: London, U.K.
3,037 posts, read 3,395,859 times
Reputation: 1729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Is it just me or is the giving numbers to rate peoples' attractiveness thing really shallow and repellent? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Any man who did this would immediately lose several numbers off his "score" out of 10 in my eyes
I'm not a fan of the "numbers thing" but I was responding to the previous poster who used it.

However, beauty is not subjective, it's due to the golden ratio and how well your facial proportions match it.

"Shallow" is a shaming tactic FYI. I'm just being honest. All women prefer a wealthy provider but you don't hear men calling women shallow for it.
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Status: "haters hate themselves too...." (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: The BA & l o v e it
2,515 posts, read 585,134 times
Reputation: 1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How shallow can it be if he is getting the treatment he is seeking and not just rejecting them at first glance?
He's calling them unattractive.......& putting feeding his ego about being *wanted*.... above being honest in a relationship.......
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:27 PM
 
Location: London, U.K.
3,037 posts, read 3,395,859 times
Reputation: 1729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
For goodness sake, stop with the sexist stereotyping. Some beautiful women earn their own money and don't need a sugar daddy.
I've dated too many to know they're all the same. Ones who earn money and ones who don't. My last girlfriend owns her own spa, but she was no different. Women almost always date across and up, not down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top