U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:38 PM

1,378 posts, read 321,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
OP said LESS attractive, NOT unattractive. There is a difference. He is finding that the less attractive women he previously wouldnít have looked at twice treat him better, making him more open to someone who ainít drop dead gorgeous, which I think is a good thing.
BUT he said later he *wasn't* attracted to them....& that's the problem....to date someone you are not attracted to....because they pump up your ego by "doing anything for you".........& because he thinks he knows all women's hearts who are more attractive........

If he had said he was attracted to them....then it wouldn't be a thread....

Old Today, 03:38 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,317,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
"Golden ratio?"

With so many people being attracted to those with asymmetrical faces and features?

You know what?

I'm done here. Ya'll can have it.
Yes, the golden ratio (1:1.618). All things in nature use the ratio as its infinitely scalable. Having good facial proportions is a sign of low genetic mutation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fUjzqCC-8

Old Today, 03:41 PM

3,894 posts, read 1,803,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Yes, the golden ratio (1:1.618). All things in nature use the ratio as its infinitely scalable. Having good facial proportions is a sign of low genetic mutation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fUjzqCC-8
How does this kind of titillation get past the censor here?

Old Today, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
How does this kind of titillation get past the censor here?
How is this titillation?

This is science.

Old Today, 03:46 PM

7,102 posts, read 3,954,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Toosh
I think itís a little deeper than that.

Old Today, 03:47 PM

3,894 posts, read 1,803,068 times
Quote:
How is this titillation?

This is science.
Science is sexy?

OK, I was being facetious.

Old Today, 03:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 321,882 times
Quote:
How is this titillation?

This is science.
Who anyone is attracted to...or loves... involves more than science & what someone's face looks like.....

Old Today, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Not to be mean, but if you kept running into to those types of "high maintenance" women and dating them, it's because you CHOSE to. I'm more than certain you could've found a "beautiful" woman that didn't behave in the way you're describing. However, I understand after experiencing so much of the same, it can influence the development of an individual creating self fulfilling prophecy's. In this particular case, with you subconsciously going for/choosing the wrong ones and overlooking the right ones.

If you're going to acknowledge that's your reality, then you should also acknowledge YOU'RE the one that keeps putting yourself in these situations. You could experience something different if you wanted to but it's so deeply ingrained in your subconscious you don't even really realize what you're doing or WHY you're doing it. So....

*shrugs*

I don't go for "high maintenance" women, just the ones I find attractive. But in over a decade of dating now its happened every single time. A decade-plus of this is not simply a coincidence. Nor can it simply be me.

Old Today, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Who anyone is attracted to...or loves... involves more than science & what someone's face looks like.....
Well, attraction for most men is primarily physical.

Old Today, 04:02 PM

15,011 posts, read 12,445,781 times
As the Care Salesmen would say “Nose-face ratio, lookin’ good, Brah!!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or