Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t understand what the problem actually is... you’re arm candy?
110% Chad. He’s being used for his looks.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:13 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
No I don’t see what the point would be for either of us.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:31 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive.
God, I wish my husband had been thus. Like all men do, apparently.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:16 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
That's because like all women you think men say something, but really mean something else like women do. We don't, we say exactly what we think without ulterior motive. It's important for men to communicate things accurately. If we don't want you to know something we simply say nothing at all.
So many things wrong with that statement. You speak for ALL men and know how ALL women think? Definitely shows an 'us vs. them' mentality. You just lost whatever shred of credibility you might have had.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:39 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
It's not a conscious decision though, it's not like I have any control over it. Plus I'm not going for better-looking women than myself. Also, I'm an architect and a highly visual person.

Personality counts certainly, but i'm not attracted too personality, more a bad personality turns me off. I'm attracted to looks.
Well, if you're an ARCHITECT, you have no choice!

But no, guys in general are too visual and they hate to settle...and "pity" sex just doesn't last. That's not really what it is, but the thought that a guy wants to put a paper bag over your head during sex just doesn't appeal to me, especially if they aren't at least a 9 themselves!

Women can sometimes get past "bad" looking guys but not vice versa.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:39 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
God, I wish my husband had been thus. Like all men do, apparently.

Most men do, at least to other men. Men usually will either say exactly what we think, not say anything or (occasionally) flat out lie, though most are not very good at it.

Whereas most women will often tell you what they're thinking, but present it in a socially acceptable way. Problem is most of us men are terrible at reading between the lines (because we generally don't do it ourselves) and take women literally at their word.

Yes, I'm generalising, but its a well-documented trend.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Trotting out the sexist stereotypes tonight. Of course, we women don't care a bit about accurate communication, hmm?
Sometimes. But women also tend to prioritise social cohesion, whereas men generally don't.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
So many things wrong with that statement. You speak for ALL men and know how ALL women think? Definitely shows an 'us vs. them' mentality. You just lost whatever shred of credibility you might have had.

I'm talking about trends. Of course it's not 100%, but generally true.

I don't hate women. But I get annoyed when women don't listen to what I'm saying.

Last edited by archineer; 08-25-2019 at 01:07 PM..

Old 08-25-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This ^^ isn't even relevant to the discussion. Since you landed in this subforum your pattern has been to toss out this strawman argument, usually related to a gender attack, when you're in a corner. It makes you an unreliable narrator.

Then why did you even start this thread?

You set a premise that your choices are the Kelly Brook lookalike or uggos you hate having sex with. It turns out you're talking about true love, which is a whole other topic.

Please get better at actual discussion if you plan to hang out here longer.
I think my original post is self explanatory (provided you take what I'm saying at face value and stop looking for hidden meaning.) And I don't mean "uggos" just average looking women.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshoregirl2019 View Post
OP, this isn't about attraction, its apparent that you have never gotten over losing your first love. I get it, I was the same way for decades. Met him at 24, love at first sight. He crushed me and I spent the next 25 years unable to find anyone that matched up to him. No one I dated was attractive to me. On my wedding day I was thinking of him, not the man I was marrying.

Only after my divorce and lots of therapy was I able to give up the ghost of him. Once I had finally healed that part of me, I met the most amazing man who looks nothing like my first love. It has nothing to do with physical attributes, you are looking for another her. I think that until you deal with that pain, you are never going to find a woman that you will fall in love with.
But I have moved on. And I've dated lots of different types of women with different looks. Though we are most attracted to people who look like ourselves, and she did look like a female me.

I do wonder if the neurological problems I have prevented me from falling in love again. I know my hormones were affected by the drug, so maybe my brain doesn't output sufficient dopamine to allow it.

Looks/physical attraction does matter, I really don't find average women attractive, not ugly, but not attractive either. Just neutral.

Last edited by archineer; 08-25-2019 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships